Arduino chip as Stepper Controller

Got my chips and parts on Monday and Tuesday night I put together a board for programming ATMega328 and ATTiny2313 chips. I didn't order any 120Ohm resistors so I had to wait til yesterday to test it out.

Used AVRDude to program the chips and had to add a section to the avrdude.conf file for the ATMega328 as it only had the ATMEga328P. I could have added the -F argument to the command string, but it was just as easy to add a section for the 328. Copied the whole 328P section and made 3 changes - in the 2 locations where 328P appeared I erased the P and I changed the System Descriptor bytes (avrdude reports what it finds if it doesn't agree) from 1E 95 0F to 1E 95 14 and everything worked. Took the chip out of the programming socket and swapped it for the chip in my Arduino board and loaded it with Blink.

I also put one of my ATTiny2313 chips in the and used the Arduino IDE to load the code to the 2313 and it seems to have loaded just fine. Have to hook up a circuit and test out the chip. Will probably be Sunday night before I get the chance as I have too much in my schedule between now and then.

I will post a picture of my programmer board and a schematic the first of the week.