Go Down

Topic: Arduino IDE window really small on High DPI Dispay? (Read 35389 times) previous topic - next topic

SallyBee

I'm on a mac had same font size too small issue. Arduino --> preferences --> Settings --> Interface scale:  deselect Automatic, changed variable to 140% ; and now text in windows is way easier to read.

Paul Stoffregen

Mar 22, 2016, 02:37 am Last Edit: Mar 22, 2016, 02:38 am by Paul Stoffregen
Yes, of course *now* you can do that, with Arduino 1.6.8.

This is an old thread, from *before* 1.6.8... and the work we did was an earlier version that Cristian Maglie reworked into the code that ultimately became the scale setting in 1.6.8.

But during the time all these other messages were written, Arduino had no such option in File > Preference.  Your is the first message written here since 1.6.8 recently released.  The scale setting only exists now because people did the work and continued asking Arduino to make it official.

rashasv

Thanks for all your work Paul and the-fallen. I am able to work comfortably on a Yoga 2 Pro finally!

vassilisamir

I am new to arduino IDE and generally to arduino and I have the same problem with you guys in 4K (15.6" laptop) monitors. It seems that with all your efforts these years you found a solution but i can't exacty understand what is this solutions so if someone could make it easy for me and explain me what to do exactly i would appreciate that. I attach a picture of my IDE.

Paul Stoffregen

Jul 07, 2016, 12:36 am Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 12:37 am by Paul Stoffregen
if someone could make it easy for me and explain me what to do exactly ...
Click File > Preferences.  Increase "Editor font size" and "Interface scale" settings.  Click the "Ok" button (closing the window or clicking "Cancel" will discard your changes).  Restart Arduino for your changes to take effect.

vassilisamir

Click File > Preferences.  Increase "Editor font size" and "Interface scale" settings.  Click the "Ok" button (closing the window or clicking "Cancel" will discard your changes).  Restart Arduino for your changes to take effect.
Thanks a lot for the info! And congratulations for the hard work over the years to get this issue solved!!!

delucawebagency

Feb 20, 2017, 05:12 am Last Edit: Feb 20, 2017, 05:18 am by delucawebagency
On Arduino 1.8.1 while changing the startup screen settings from the Preferences menu is small and the characters in the code are difficult to read .. some items in the preference pane remain small

domdomgin

Go Up