Go Down

Topic: UNO (Read 513 times) previous topic - next topic

wootardJ

Hi there, just some suggestions.

I think the UNO is a great device.  I have three of them now, one WIFI, and two V3, one with removable chip and the other fixed.

It would be nice if the UNO had a few extra ground and +V pins and perhaps 3 each of the A4 and A5.    The reason is that using my UNO's when testing up projects, there are only two grounds and one 5V.  There is the Vin pin (but as you know, can only be used for 5V (or 3V) when connected to the pc via the USB cable.

It means that sensors can be connected without using a breadboard.  The wires are not the best because it is easy for the pins to move around and come loose.  If several sensors for the I2C etc are used at the same time then it is a problem.

I have actually designed a shield which sensors plug directly into, like RTC, temperature and humidity, data logging to make it easy and more reliable.

Otherwise, no complaints.  Very nice product.
J

ballscrewbob

Mar 10, 2017, 04:39 pm Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 04:39 pm by Ballscrewbob
There are many prototype (blank shields) that allow you to add as many ground and  5V or 3V as your board can handle.

There are also the screw terminal side adapters too that still allow you to stack a regular shield on top of those giving a great deal of flexibility to what you want to do.

I have variations on both those and have never had an issue.

Currently have a UNO with an ethernet shield stacked and  screw terminals on top of that...runs great.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up