MENWIZ: yet another character lcd menu wizard library

After getting the new LiquidCrystal library owing with my I2C expanders I had a quick try of MENWIZ examples last night.

It looks very good and I'll try some altering of menu code in a short while.

Incidentally I'm testing with a 16x2 and it seems fine on two line displays.

One question though:-

The way I would want to use this is as a settings menu that only appears when entered on startup. It will set parameters for a game.

I can see that I'd do this by setting a variable for menu=1 and enter a while loop with the me u worker process running. When I exit the menu then I'll set menu=0 and drop into my main loop.

It looks like there is no lcd.begin() in the main sketch, but rather controlled in the library. This seems to assume that the menu has exclusive use of the LCD.

I will use the LCD for other things too, with the menu only used when required. At start I will have a splash screen, then an optional key combination to enter setup menu. This will be followed by screens showing the current game settings, before a countdown time to start the game, at which point the display will then be a scoreboard display.

Settings will only be able to be hanged at startup, analogous to entering PC BIOS settings.

Can I do this with MENWIZ? Since the LCd is initialized with the menu, it seems that if I don't enter the menu I wouldn't need to do so. But, if I do go into the menu then I might end up with trying to initialize the same lcd object twice.