Can a battery give any amps you need?

Hi, I need a battery for my robotic project, but it baffled me that there is no info on this matter. My question is can ı get around 7A from a 6V 7Ah battery or maybe a little more. No C rating on it unfortunately. There are some vague informations on it but most of them are like, if you take 7A from it it will dicharge after one hour. OK but how do we find out max amp we can draw from this batteries?

Without knowing what type of battery it is it's not easy even to guess. Please provide a link to the battery you're talking about.

If it's a 6V 7Ah SLA battery then it can probably provide more than 7A. They can typically do at least 2-3C though some can manage 10-15C.

If you really want high current from a battery then these days Lipo batteries are the way to go.

Steve

slipstick:
Without knowing what type of battery it is it's not easy even to guess. Please provide a link to the battery you're talking about.

If it's a 6V 7Ah SLA battery then it can probably provide more than 7A. They can typically do at least 2-3C though some can manage 10-15C.

If you really want high current from a battery then these days Lipo batteries are the way to go.

Steve

Yeah sorry my fault, it's a Lead-acid battery. I won't probably need even 7A, what I am trying to learn is more of the info on this matter.

It's turkish, but I think infos are enough to understand.

Don't leave a lead-acid battery in a partially discharged state for a long time. Ideally make sure it gets a very full charge every week.

...R

Robin2:
Don't leave a lead-acid battery in a partially discharged state for a long time. Ideally make sure it gets a very full charge every week.

...R

Thank for the advice. I will be careful about that.