Fixing USBasp based on ATmega8

john1993:
my usbasp look the same but have a yellow power led that is on all the time. in fact i dab it with black nail polish to dim the glare. if its like mine and theres no light then probably its a bad usbasp? or bad usb port?

I checked the resistors and mine says its 101. So no reason to change these. Also, none of the LED's works(J2 unbridged). So my guess is this one was broken already, tried all the usb ports and 2 different pc's (win 7 and win xp). As mentioned in the link, you never know what you will get when you order one. I'll check the 2nd usbasp that the sender offered me when I replied that he send my a broken one.
The only reason I ordered an USBasp was that I could reflash my KK 2.0 board. But in the meantime I managed to do this with using the Arduino uno only (http://arduinodev.woofex.net/2013/02/11/how-to-flash-kk-2-0-using-an-arduino-uno/) now i'm also sure the arduino uno wasn't the problem.

[/quote]why did you update the software? why are you going to change the resistor? you are aware new 100% working usbasp are available on ebay for $2-$3?
[/quote]

I haven't updated the software because the moment I received it didn't work. The usbasp didn't accept any of the drivers, so my guess was this came empty and so I tried to upload the new firmware to it. what number does it say on yours usbasp (the 4 pack resistors)?