Elro AB440

Hi All,

I'm first time here as I just started adventure with Arduino and home automation. What I wanted to ask is if there are any persons who tried to run Arduino with Elro home control system. Recently i bought Elro 10-DIP outlets and could force it to work. I tried many different instructions, libraries etc. unfortunately without luck. I did even transmitter hack from rc-swithc page:

There are differences between my transmitter as it has HX2262 chip. but generally it almost looks the same (however D-OUT is somwhere else). Transmitter board is MY-4X2.01BT2. Both + and - as well as D-OuT are soldered. D-Out is connected to Arduino and +/- is to battery 12V and additional GND connected to Arduino.

When I tried through rc-switch -> sendDemo or TypeA_WithDIPSwitches send signal to outlets nothing happens. Even LED inside transmitter doesn't blink. When try to do it manually from transmitter (when it is connected to Arduino), blinking led is bearly visible and it doesnt turn on or off outlet When I disconnect transmitter from Arduino it works fine manualy.

If any one had some experience, please let me know :confused:

btw. I also have transmitter FS1000A and reciever XY-MK-5V and both doesn't work with this ELRO outlets :confused:

Rgds,

maybe some assistance: fuzzillogic / 433mhzforarduino / wiki / Home — Bitbucket

Thanks, I will try to ask guys from fuzillogic.

I know it has been a while and I hope you have found your answer, but maybe for future readers , just my experience.
I used the AB440 ELRO system with the RCSwitch Library without problems.
But I have to add that I do not use the remote control coming with the pack, I use a seperate 1 euro 433 RF transmitter, seems a lot easier than connecting the Arduino to the Remote control

Unless someone wants the entire code, I will just post the send protocol:
#include <RCSwitch.h>
#define A_aan 1049937
#define A_uit 1049940
#define B_aan 1053009
#define B_uit 1053012
#define C_aan 1053777
#define C_uit 1053780

RCSwitch mySwitch = RCSwitch();

mySwitch.enableTransmit(7);
mySwitch.send(A_aan, 24);
delay(2000);
mySwitch.send(A_uit, 24);
delay(1000);
mySwitch.send(B_aan, 24);
delay(2000);
mySwitch.send(B_uit, 24);
delay(1000);
mySwitch.send(C_aan, 24);
delay(2000);
mySwitch.send(C_uit, 24);
delay(1000);

Now oddly enough the codes I found are only 21 bit strings, but I just send them as 24 bit because i presume there were some leading zero? as my RF sniffer identified them as 24 bits

some more info, including the use of a library that yoy can just translate yr dipswitches to without having to first find out the code: Elro – Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32 & Raspberry Pi stuff or 433 MHz system for your Arduino – Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32 & Raspberry Pi stuff