Arduino Mega and Arduino Mega 250

Hello everyone
I am working with the serial port and display the data from sensors in Simulink. I downloaded the Simulink package and installed. When I add the arduino Simulink block (serial receive) , it looks that Simulink does not detect my arduino board. Is Simulink working only with Arduino mega 2560? Because my Arduino board is Arduino mega , is there a difference between this two?

Thanks

All the Arduinos use ATMegaXxxx chips, where Xxxx is 328, 1280, or 2560. The Mega is an Arduino that uses a ATMega2560 chip.

It isn't clear which Arduino you have, or whether you can upload sketches to it.

I have Ardunio ATMega1280, Is Simulink only working with Arduino Mega 2560?

Is Simulink only working with Arduino Mega 2560?

That doesn't seem reasonable, does it? How can an application on the PC know what is on the other end of the serial port, unless whatever is on the other end of the serial port responds correctly?

The best ratio of answers to questions is greater than one to one. You are doing somewhat less than one to one.

As of R2012b (current MathWorks release), Simulink's built-in support for Arduino is supported with Uno and Mega 2560 -- see http://www.mathworks.com/academia/arduino-software/arduino-simulink.html