Blown Caps in 0-30v 0-10a bench supply repair

Wow, lots of advice, thanks :).

I can't be absolutely sure i had the polarity reversed, but i doubt that was the case, as the lead connectors, the clamps to connect to the battery, and the battery terminals are all heavily visibly labeled polairty wise. Though, i can't be sure. I'm pretty ocd about polarity when it comes to lead acids though, but once again not 100% sure.

Would the fact that its a starter battery with a bit of sulfation be of use?

The link to the manufacturer, i don't think is correct. The only supplys they have are dualoutput, with that middle ma/a current square switch. As well, theres no 3010D i could find on that site.

Heres some pics of the supply, and the failed caps-

And the icing on the cake, albeit a bit off topic- My sparkfun package i misplaced earlier in the day just got ran through a snowblower while i was taking these pics, containing a DEV10618 Power driver shield. :0 All that survived was the pcb. Mosfets, and all the other parts are scattered throughout the snow, or shredded. I seem to be destroying electronics far more frequently than usual this week. XD Gave pops a bit of a spook though, thought he hit a quail or something :smiley:

Glad it wasn't something more expensive. But at the same time i remembered my dad (snowblower operator) went to school to learn electronics theory, and worked on copier machines and slot machines for about 10 years. He also has a bit of expirence in working on crt tv repair. I'll have him take a look at the PS as well, and see what he thinks about it.

Probably just going to order a mastech from their site. I think i bought a cheap chinese made knockoff, and i'd rather just eat the loss and get something quality. But if anyone has any advice on possibly fixing the defective one i have, i'd still like to get it working if i can.