Interfacing with an NTSC TV

Both pieces of code on the DailyDuino blog are complete. However they were created by stripping down the original Pong program. So all they do is a demo screen. There are a few comments and variables left from pong but they both work. I used the original code "as is" and the "improved version" I posted there is complete. I do recomend the second example I posted.

Actually it looks like Phizones original code has an emoticon embeded in it and my improved code the "include" statement didnt display right. There is a note from me right below the code with the correct include statement. Other than that they are "complete"

Note that the "improved" code requires the FrequencyTimer2 library from the libraries page on this site. Maybe thats what you are missing? The first example on the DailyDuino page uses software delays. However, the first example doesnt need the FrequencyTimer2 library.

The "medium res" code post is sort of messy in three chunks, but Phizone did download and test it from here. I will see if I can post it somewhere as a complete chunk.

Regarding port numbers this is confusing and my example didnt make it any easier. The picture in thread you started with showed the D2A convertor on PORTD. The "grab code here" code used PORTB. Phizones original Pong mod used PORTB pins 8-9.

However for "Medium Res" I switched to PORTC pin 14-17. I thought I had a problem with PORTB (I didnt) but by the time I got it working I was too lazy to switch it back (big sorry for that). PORTB should work just fine, but would take a bit of editing, both port name and pin numbers.

Finally the comments for "Medium Res" have a diagram of the D2A circuit it needs. For any of the others, make sure you are using the diagram that goes with the code.

Once you are sure you have the right D2A (and pins) for the code you are running, try tweaking the delay statements I mentioned earlier. Be sure and let me know which code you are working with too....