Go Down

Topic: New user here. (Read 490 times) previous topic - next topic

RimaNTSS

Hi all! My name is Rimants. Of course I did hear about Arduino before, but never had any close contact. Recently friend of mine presented to me this (attachment) module. So, I connected it to PC, downloaded software and found "Blink" example. Loaded the code to the module and it blinks once per second. Great! But that does not mean I know what to do next, as I do not have any periphery equipment to connect.
My primary hobby is satellite TV, so I think Arduino can help me to build positioner for motorized antenna. But I will try to explain what I wish to do in another thread.
I hope that I will get some guidance and advices from all the experienced users.
This was just to say hello.   

brianeo

My guess is you would have to build a servo-controlled antenna that locates and locks-on the source of your satellite TV source. I would begin learning about Arduino by trying demonstration tutorials and obtaining basic parts as required. If you want to get an idea of what is possible, check out blog.arduino.cc/

theMusicMan

Hello Rimants.  I've not been here long either, but I must say if you abide by the way of the site, you will get excellent help from people here.  It is amazing what you will learn in a short time.

Good luck! And greetings from Wales!
John

RimaNTSS

Thanks for welcoming. It is about 2 month from the time I got my arduino. I am not saying I learned a lot, just try to do step-by-step and when I am in proper mood and have spare time. But I like the process.

theMusicMan

No problem!

So, what sensor are you onto now?

I killed a BMP280 today whilst testing it with an ESP8266 controller!  Only set it up yesterday on my Arduino, so had to order another.
John

RimaNTSS

John! Some time ago I thought that reed switch is fine, then I discovered that optical sensor is fine as well, Now I more think that hall sensor is the best option.

theMusicMan

What for exactly...?
John

RimaNTSS

What for exactly...?
To generate pulses and afterwards count them by arduino.

theMusicMan

There are several ways to accomplish that. What is best for your project, well that's down to you.  
John

Go Up