Go Down

Topic: A Question About The Name index.htm, And Why it is Not index.html? (Read 133 times) previous topic - next topic

dragonicdefson

Hello There,

I Have A Question About The Fact That The Name Of The Webpage Served By An Arduino Ethernet Shield
Is Named index.htm, And Not index.html  <-- The l  i mean, is this an Permanent Issue That Stay At The
Further Development Of The Shield,   Or Can This Be Fixed By Changing The Name In All Source Code?

Thanks Already,

Bradley Methorst (DragonicDefson)

P.S (i Ask This Because I Want all perfect code on my website, and also the name extension of the index.htm file)

UKHeliBob

Which program is running on the Arduino when you see the filename ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

J-M-L

The extension .html is standard extension for web pages created in HTML editors and what is "modern".

The .htm extension is a variation of the same extension that was introduced and supported by Microsoft

Both .htm and .html are the same and will work in the same way nowadays - The choice is basically down to personal preference as Most web servers won't care nowadays.

That being said if one day you plan on putting the files on a machine supporting only 8.3 naming convention (hint - like a DOS formatted SD card in your arduino), you should limit the extension to 3 characters

Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums
Pas de messages privés SVP

dragonicdefson

Ah okey,

But Is there a possibility To Change This In The Code Itself?

Because I Dont like The Name extension

Regards,

dragonicdefson

okey,

I think I understand it!

The Arduino Is not suituible to accept 8.4 naming conventions,

thanks to you and some help of this webpage:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SDCardNotes

i got now a clearly understanding about SD card Library
and The Ethernet Library

Thanks! And Best Regards

J-M-L

good

but ... wait to confuse things a bit, if you look at the SDFat library you'll see it supports long file names

I would recommend that library if you plan to use an SD card.
Please do not PM me for help,  others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums
Pas de messages privés SVP

Go Up