Sparkfun Digital Sandbox/ardublock/arduino help

Hi,

I am completely new to this and I honestly have no clue what I am doing. A few years ago I was gifted a Sparkfun Digital Sandbox V1. I'm tried using it with the latest 1.8.5 IDE but I got a series of error messages. I then thought that maybe it doesn't work with the new version because it is a couple years old. I then downloaded 1.6.5 because it seems like people use that one more. I installed all the zip folder into the place where I have the sketches for arduino so I can get Digital Sandbox to show up in boards and when I go to upload or verify my code I get:

Cannot run program "/Users/me/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++" (in directory "."): error=2, No such file or directory

I tried re installing it a couple of times and shutting it down and restarting arduino but I get the same thing. I also went into board manager and tried to install the latest boards but I also get this error message:

Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' misses property tools.avrdude.path, automatically set to {runtime.tools.avrdude.path}. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core 'SparkFun AVR Boards' misses property tools.avrdude.path, automatically set to {runtime.tools.avrdude.path}. Consider upgrading this core.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• Trail

I guess you didn't bother reading their tutorial!

Note: The latest Arduino IDE version may have bugs when using the Digital Sandbox board add-on. We highly recommend using the custom Arduino IDE provided in this tutorial.

Read the f*ing manual !