Arduino UNO Battery connection

Hi.

I was looking for a battery-connector and I found something useable. But I don't know how I have to connect it with the battery clip (which is for the red cable and which one for the black one). Here is a photo i took:

Thanks

Middle pin is + (red) and the outside is - (black)

Look out it is made for 5V/3.3V (and not 9V)

Thanks! But how can I power it with battery when there are no 5V batteries?

I thought the Arduino would put down the 9V to 5V

Either add a barrel jack connector to your cable (outer 5.5mm, inner 2.1mm) or connect your wires to Vin (positive) and Gnd (negative) on the power header.
That feeds directly into the onboard 5V regulator.
Be careful not to swap the wires, connecting to Vin bypasses the reverse polarity diode.

fuudaigel1:
Thanks! But how can I power it with battery when there are no 5V batteries?

I thought the Arduino would put down the 9V to 5V

NO, it works only at 3.3/5v

I use the Voltage Regulator - 5V - COM-00107 - SparkFun Electronics voltage regulator in combination with a 9v battary.

And is it possible to take 3 1,5V batteries? That would be 4,5V for the Arduino, is that enough?

fuudaigel1:
And is it possible to take 3 1,5V batteries? That would be 4,5V for the Arduino, is that enough?

Yes. If you put it on the 5V pin. It won't work if you connect it to the DC jack or the Vin pin.

Also if you put 9V into the DC jack or the Vin of the Arduino board, it will be regulated down to 5V that the MCU needs. I don't what vleud101 is talking about..

Ha sorry, i didn't know there was a voltage regulator on it. I assumed it was directly to the chip. My apologizes.

I sacrificed 2 long wires from my set of wire jumpers, one red, one black, and connected the to the same barrel connector (actually radioshack #274-1569), so I could plug more than one arduino into a breadboard which had the power on 2 common rails. (+12V from a converted ATX supply down to 9V via a 1amp LM7809 regulator I scavenged from an old sound card.) As mentioned, Positive (+) to the center connector, Negative (-) to the outer shell.
you can back-feed to the connector, BUT.... beware of short-circuits! simply plug the +9V supply into the VCC pin on the power rail on the Arduino (note +5, GND, GND, VCC, to the left of analog 0) A short, could cause the trace on the board's underside to burn through.. Likewise, NEVER draw VCC level power from this pin, in excess of 1-Amp, for the same reason. (had fun scraping paint off the trace, and bridging with a piece of thin wire)

Sorry for use this post for contact a member.

Dear gelfling6,
my name is Celso from Brazil and i try use the Trakr for mapping indoor place with a Sonar Ping sensor.
i see your post in arduino forum ( http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=21581.msg160535#lastPost ) and you tell about conect a Sonar Ping sensor in Spy Gear Video TRAKR. How you make it, can you send a code and pin connection?
The forum of SpyGear is closed because another company buy it.

best regards,