Go Down

Topic: 80m Laser sensor  (Read 207 times) previous topic - next topic

BlackBlood

Oct 09, 2017, 02:42 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2017, 07:17 am by BlackBlood
Hello,
I'm working on a project and I'm ahead of a bump here
I've been trying to find a Laser sensor(Distance measurement) within range of at least 80m that's compatible with arduino and can be programmed through.
Any suggestions?

wvmarle

What is that laser sensor supposed to sense? Or are you looking for a sensor that can sense the light of a laser?

Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

gdsports

Google for "laser range finder arduino" or "laser tape measure arduino". People have been hacking consumer grade laser range finders/distance meters for years with some success. If you want one intended for DIY/hobby use, search for "lidar light" but this only good out to 40m.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

BlackBlood

What is that laser sensor supposed to sense? Or are you looking for a sensor that can sense the light of a laser?

oh my bad forgot to mention it, I edited the topic
Its supposed to measure distance

BlackBlood

Google for "laser range finder arduino" or "laser tape measure arduino". People have been hacking consumer grade laser range finders/distance meters for years with some success. If you want one intended for DIY/hobby use, search for "lidar light" but this only good out to 40m.

Tried doing that, couldn't find much really
And yeah the lidar light was the best but its only for 40m, I need it for at least 80m range

Lidar-lite 3 on sale now for $119 for those interested in lasar distance measuring, to 40m as mentioned
http://www.robotshop.com/en/lidar-lite-3-laser-rangefinder.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhsfsrezk1gIVBWSGCh2-EADmEAQYASABEgIKmfD_BwE
This one's nice, but I need one for at least 80m range
any other suggestions?

dougp

BlackBlood

dougp

is there one for less range? no more than 100m~
I dunno. You could look at Allen-Bradley sensors, maybe they have something.

jremington

Oct 11, 2017, 07:10 pm Last Edit: Oct 11, 2017, 07:10 pm by jremington
no more than 100m~
Please explain.

wvmarle

I think OP misspelled "something that's less expensive".
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

jremington

Understood, everything has to cost less than a cup of good cappuccino.

dougp

Understood, everything has to cost less than a cup of good cappuccino.
And interface directly to 5V logic!

Go Up