Go Down

Topic: Can I activate a draft for new post? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rtek1000

I was writing a new topic to leave logged changes that I needed to do in a library, but there was some problem and the browser showed a warning of failure to communicate with the forum server.

So I lost all text editing I was doing  :'( .

Is there any way I can activate a draft so that this does not happen any more when editing a new post?

Robin2

Nov 03, 2017, 08:17 pm Last Edit: Nov 03, 2017, 08:18 pm by Robin2
I was writing a new topic to leave logged changes that I needed to do in a library, but there was some problem and the browser showed a warning of failure to communicate with the forum server.

So I lost all text editing I was doing  :'( .

Is there any way I can activate a draft so that this does not happen any more when editing a new post?
To some extent drafts get saved automatically. If you click your username beside your Post you will be taken to a page that includes Show Drafts.

You can also click Save Draft while you are composing it.

However if there is a complete and long loss of connection these may not help.

If I want to compose a long and complex Post (or, if I want to take the time to make a complex post more easily understood) I create the draft in my text editor and when I am happy with it I copy and paste the text into the Forum.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up