Go Down

Topic: Unsubscribe is erratic (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dougp

At a certain point I do not wish to participate in some threads.  The email notifications include a link to 'unsubscribe' from the thread.  Occasionally this works but usually I just get directed to the thread itself.  The only truly effective way to unsubscribe seems to be opening the notifications menu in the thread and clicking 'not following'.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

ballscrewbob

I doubt its you.

The forum software has a few flaws but seems to have been running too long to have some of them properly fixed. You could place an issue on Github for the site to see if that gathers a response.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

pert

I've noticed the same. I though that when it takes you to the thread was when it did work and when it takes you to the forum home page was when it didn't work but maybe I have that backwards. I haven't looked into it in detail. The forum issue tracker is here:
https://github.com/arduino/forum-issues/issues

dougp

It is strange indeed.  I just tried on two replies to the same thread - a redundancy but, I digress.
First attempt went to forum page, second went to thread and notifications showed 'no alerts'.
I'll post at forum issues.

pert

I can confirm that after attempting to unsubscribe from a thread via the email link today and being redirected to the Arduino forum home page from that link the unsubscribe didn't work.

dougp

I posted the issue at the Github link, I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

pert

I just had a failed unsubscribe to after I clicked the unsubscribe link and was taken to the thread. So I guess that isn't a reliably indicator that the unsubscribe worked, strange.

Thanks for reporting it on the issue tracker. That's definitely the best way to get the attention of someone who can do anything about this. Unfortunately bugs reported to that issue tracker don't tend to get very prompt attention and I'm sure this one will not be considered top priority but at least it's on the list now.

dougp

Unfortunately bugs reported to that issue tracker don't tend to get very prompt attention and I'm sure this one will not be considered top priority but at least it's on the list now.
No, because really, how many actually bother with UNsubscribing?  I just do it to reduce the annoyance factor (one of my other quibbles is getting notification for every  reply) on threads I've checked out on.

dougp

This appears to be fixed.  The last several threads I unsubscribed from went directly to the thread and displayed 'no alerts' in the box.  Fingers crossed.

Go Up