Forum Style Sheet

First the website - now the forum as well.

Would it be possible to make the old style sheet available to those of us who agree with Al (http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259527175) about the readability of these pages?

Don't forget we are all getting older. Many of you will ultimately reach the point where the lack of contrast on websites such as this is a real problem.

Don

Second that. Looks quite ugly to me. Besides that, my old TFT has lost some contrast over the years (no, it's not a matter of settings...), so all ths grey is really unpleasing to me.

Guys,

this is not the final layout we are working with. We are testing people's reactions. You should know we are working towards a new layout for more or less everything (will not promise anything) together with Uno Punto Zero.

Please let's collect all your points of view in the "WEB" part of the forum, just to make our work easier and not spread discussions all over the forum.

Just because of that I am moving this discussion there :slight_smile:

Thanks

/d

At least in theory YaBB offers user-selectable stylesheets. Currently there are 'forum default', 'classic' and 'yabb21' to choose from.

User CP --> Profile --> Options

The only problem is that all these themes are the same right now (or are ignored).

It should be no problem to have 'forum default' reflect what the people in power deem right for the forum, and have some other choices as well. Of course the latter are only active for users that have logged in.

The only problem is that all these themes are the same right now (or are ignored).

It looks like they are being overridden by the default stylesheet.

Of course the latter are only active for users that have logged in.

Firefox and most of the other decent browsers (IE does not fall into this category) offer the option of selectable style sheets that should work any time. All the web page authors have to do is include one extra line of text in the 'head' section to implement each alternative.

Here's an example from a site that most web page authors should visit. (http://www.cameratim.com/personal/soapbox/morons-in-webspace)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/default.css" title="cameratim.com">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/plain.css" title="plain">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/sore-eyes.css" title="sore eyes">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/pastels.css" title="pastels">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/puce.css" title="puce">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/outrageous.css" title="outrageous">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/stupid.css" title="stupid">
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/tiny.css" title="tiny text">

When using Firefox you implement these in the 'View | Page Style' menu.

Don

I have nothing against the current layout (well, it's a little drab), but then again, my monitor is a fairly new LCD, so others may have problems.

I've never had any problems with the Playground's contrast either (which others do have problems with).

So far, for me at least, this seems to be a huge improvement!