Stand-alone Arduino Controller

Hello,

Whilst very early days, still yet to pick-up my experimenter's starter kit, so sorry if I use the wrong terminology. I was wondering what is the process for creating a stand-alone circuit.

Say I have created a circuit and have the program working the way it should be on the experimenter board and I now want to convert it into a stand-alone device, are there small boards versions of the Arduino which can be programmed and mounted onto another circuit board and all packaged into a box for a single purpose and left be to do its job.

Or does everyone just keep buying experimenter boards?

Lloyd

The usual choice for this is the pro mini or nano. Clones are available for dirt cheap on ebay.

It's also pretty easy to make your own "barebones" arduino with protoboard and an ATmega328p in dip package.

I have some posts about bare-bones boards: Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : How to make an Arduino-compatible minimal board

Various suppliers have small or very small boards which save a bit of mucking around with wiring, eg. http://moderndevice.com/product/rbbb-kit/ or ATmegaXX8 target boards