My First Sketch.. Hi Everybody...

First let me say I have absolutely no experience in programing, and very very little in electronics.
That being said I thought I would give the Arduino a go...
The amount of info out there on the net has been extremely helpful.
I made a couple of the example project to get up and running...
Then I decided to try this idea that is obviously revolutionary and nobody has ever thought about doing....

I got and RGB Led To Blink Red for 1 second Blink Green for one second and finally Blink Blue for one second all without Fading....

#########################
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}
void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
delay(1000);
pinMode(5, INPUT);
pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(9, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(9, LOW);
delay(1000);
pinMode(9, INPUT);
pinMode(10, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(10, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(10, LOW);
delay(1000);
pinMode(10, INPUT);

}

I am sure there is an easier way and probably a BETTER way, but hey,
I thought of something, I built it, and, I wrote a code to make it work.

Not too bad for having and Arduino for less than 2 days..

Thanks everybody.
Tim

Good Work :wink:

Then I decided to try this idea that is obviously revolutionary and nobody has ever thought about doing....

I got and RGB Led To Blink Red for 1 second Blink Green for one second and finally Blink Blue for one second all without Fading....

It wasn't documented thats all ! :wink:

and the next time you post just remember to include all the code in # button present in the tools box !

And welcome here ! :slight_smile:

I obviously need a RGB LED... all the people making really cool stuff have them :frowning:

I am sure there is an easier way and probably a BETTER way, but hey,
I thought of something, I built it, and, I wrote a code to make it work.

But my question would be did you use properly sized series current limiting resistors for the leds? If not you failed! ;D

Lefty

That's the great thing about the Arduino, you can focus on learning the programming instead of creating the circuit. It is an awesome timesaver! IMO

Hello ::slight_smile:

Hi,

I am newbie here.Many things are available for exhibition.There are a wide range of display stands available on the market ranging from banner stands to pop up graphic displays, literature stands, retractable banners, vinyl banners and A Frames among others.

Thanks!
www.alldisplays.co.uk