Android > Flash > Arduino via usb/serproxy is it possible?

Hello fellas,

I would like to ask is there serproxy implementation for Android? I ask, because I am able to talk to Arduino from PC/Flash via serproxy and I saw some videos that people are able to interface to Android from Flash via bluetooth. I wonder if they it's possible to talk to Arduino from Android with Flash via USB?

Thanks in advance =)

If you want your PC to talk to your Android phone, use Android Debug Bridge (adb)  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers. If you want your Android phone to talk to your Arduino over USB, you can use my MicroBridge library:

http://code.google.com/p/microbridge/

It gives you bidirectional communication between your Android phone and an Arduino with a USB host shield. Shields can get bought either from SF for $25, or a slightly better designed and Mega compatible shield from Oleg directly:

http://www.circuitsathome.com/products-page/arduino-shields/usb-host-shield-2-0-for-arduino/

N00b alert: this is a C library, and does not use the Wiring language or the Arduino IDE. If you want to use it, you'll have to learn C.

Inopia:
If you want your PC to talk to your Android phone, use Android Debug Bridge (adb)  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers. If you want your Android phone to talk to your Arduino over USB, you can use my MicroBridge library:

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

It gives you bidirectional communication between your Android phone and an Arduino with a USB host shield. Shields can get bought either from SF for $25, or a slightly better designed and Mega compatible shield from Oleg directly:

http://www.circuitsathome.com/products-page/arduino-shields/usb-host-shield-2-0-for-arduino/

N00b alert: this is a C library, and does not use the Wiring language or the Arduino IDE. If you want to use it, you'll have to learn C.

Great! thanks just wondering your Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. seems to be empty.

have you tried checking under 'source' ?

@Inopa got it will study your code... btw do you have a sample sketch? thanks again

Inopia:

No worries I know C =)

Microbridge looks really cool, opens up a lot of possibilities. It's clear how to use with the android sdk but wondering if anyone has done or would know how to use microbridge with adobe flash action script 3, that would in theory allow as3 air apps using serproxy with the arduino to be ported to android. Any ideas here would be great, thx

I'm also hoping someone can shed some light on how to establish USB communication between an arduino and an Adobe Air app creates using actionscript3. I haven't got it in me to learn yet another language in order to code android apps! Flash might not be the best way to create android apps but it works and I have a list of projects as long as my arm that I could implement tomorrow if I had this missing link.

eg - a panoramic unit that runs from the android device and uses its in-built camera to take shots as an arduino controlled pan/tilt mechanism rotates the device around.