SPARK FUN FREE DAY

Yeah that last $80k went pretty quick, now its down to the side bet, anyone got closer than 10:43:15?

how frustrating was that?

My cart was ready, only had to checkout.
Clicking to get to the cart just give me a error page, a refresh would take ages then say i'm not logged in, so i go to log in & get error page, so refresh & eventualy get to the login page, it says im logged in, so click cart, error page....& over & over & over......

:cry:

Total waste of my time. I got all the way to the "this order qualifies" page and clicked the "submit order for free day" button and spent what seemed like decades hitting refresh. This after they already took my credit card information! I was so totally robbed! They better not charge anything to my card but shipping for the items I ordered. Bastardly way of doing things that's all I know. The maddening part is they had only given away about $1200 at the point where I clicked the "submit as free" button but then it went like gangbusters and next time I got a page to load it said $100,000... All in all it left a distinctly BAD taste in my mouth.

Nothing but a waste of almost 2 hours trying to get the page to load my already filled... but now erased shopping cart.

Oh, quit complaining! Did you really think the system was going to run smoothly when 1 out of 10 geeks in the world was trying to get a free order placed? You missed out on something free, but you sound like someone stole your lollipop. :slight_smile:

At least you even remembered to try. I spaced it out completely until about 15 minutes ago. doh. :cry:

no the server crapped its pants constantly, its still doing it now, even hours after I can barley log in and it completely screwed up my cart, there's stuff on there that I have zero interest in (ie i have no use at all for an xbee but there was 2 in my cart)

the whole thing was a complete clusterFK and for all the wrong reasons

Agreed. From the sounds of it, it's just as well that I had school and couldn't participate. I'm glad I didn't skip classes to try it. :wink:

My dad was working from home >.<

He got me maxbotic ez4 something distance sensor and nimh AA he needed . He said it was a good sensor.

I called him from school and told him to get me anything.

He said he went to shopping cart about 20 mins in. I feel so bad right now for robbing from people who literally waited before it started and the checkout button.
:frowning:

from what i hear their servers must've been bad, my dad tried it for 15 mins straight until he got it.

Yea, probably not worth skipping work or classes, unless you found a four leaf clover or genie.

For those who received nothing, .... sorry?

For those who got something, .... feel free to post whatever you got, just don't rub it in TOO much.

:stuck_out_tongue: ~ Catcher

Oh, quit complaining!

I'll have you know, I'm a sardonic, bitter old man, it's my god given right to complain.

I feel so bad right now for robbing from people who literally waited before it started and the checkout button.

Dont feel bad, you did nothing wrong, it was sparkfun's incompetence and the ebay leeches that are the problem

and yea I wasted 6 hours on it, nearly 3 beforehand just to try n log in, I finally did at about 72 grand but never made it anyware

He said he went to shopping cart about 20 mins in.

He was lucky: it took me over an hour of constant retries to get the "wireless" page to display, and another half hour to get 2 items on it into my basket. By the time I got the third item in, it was over.

does anyone on this forum actually have a success story from the free day?

;D
Must say.. I was stuck at the payment page for an hour.. from 10k to 100k... couldn't get through, the last damn page..

I don't understand how 800 some odd people got past me while I reloaded after it said couldn't connect.. had other pages trying.. ugh :confused:

I would be more angry if I purchased from Sparkfun more often.. I could only imagine how the SparkFun die hard fans feel who tried the whole time.. I'm sure there are people who order at least once every 2 weeks from them, if not more.. and they lose out on something cause they just didn't get in at the right time, lol.

You win some, you lose some! All in all, I'm pissed I wasted 2 hours.. (more like 2 and a half.. making sure my cart was perfect, and logged in lol) but life goes on! (I wonder how many people have committed suicide, or worse.. gone EMO!) ;D

Well not every other week... but... Hey, Spokane, you're not too far.

yea i tried for about 20 mins but i got tired of it so i jus went to school :cry:
The $100 of free stuff was kinda important since i cant get a job :frowning:
Oh well like that one guy said, we only lost something that was free...
BUT IT STILL SUX! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, with the Relative Grumpitude Index in the thread currently running about 98%, people may not want to be seen as "gloating"...

Yes - I do. I had a similar situation to 'G_Man' in reply # 80. This was about 80 - 90 minutes after the start when the total giveaway was already up to $47,430. After I clicked the "submit as free" button I never did get a page to load completely again. I just kept hitting refresh and ultimately I got a partial screen that said my cart was empty. A confirmation Email arrived later but it did not show any credit. Later in the evening I checked my order and confirmed that the credit had been applied.

Don

I've got the discount as well.

I've posted in http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1262782509/25#25

woohoo!

2 xbee's, one xbee shield and a usb xbee thingy ordered for a total of ?12.something.

Cheesy

edit: hmmm. the $100.00 credit isn't showing on the confirmation e-mail.

another edit: got to the "view order" page and i was charged $12.84. Pfew.

Jeroen

I got everything I ordered......

nothing. ;D