What do you think?

So far...not liking.
Can't even login with my either of my phones' browsers (Nokia N8 and Nokia E72) - it is impossible to click on the login link.
On my laptop, posts seem to take up too much screen, so I see fewer posts per screen - hate to think what it ill be like on my phones should I eventually be able able to get in.

And it is sloooooooooow

AWOL:
So far...not liking.
Can't even login with my either of my phones' browsers (Nokia N8 and Nokia E72) - it is impossible to click on the login link.
On my laptop, posts seem to take up too much screen, so I see fewer posts per screen - hate to think what it ill be like on my phones should I eventually be able able to get in.

And it is sloooooooooow

I was thinking it was my connection, but it's very slow. :sleeping: It's just the beginning, then I hope it will be better. XD

• I like the new look and appereance of the forum, looks nice... new topics are also a very good improvement.

But i think also that deviding all aspects of questions in so much subcategories could or would be a problem, because the asking is wide spreaded... so the ansering Person has to read this topic to recognise that question.

So, if there is no division in subcategories, Pro's see ALL questions... in the actual structure... a Pro sees only the questions of a special topic... ... maybe asker have now a harder life.... but a better with higher quality answering also.... mmmh....

• I don't like the speed, maybe it would be faster in some days,..... heared of tweaking things... BUT:
    I know some static Precaching from Joomla, i know some statiC Precaching from Drupal, i know sone static precaching from Wordpress......
    This site lags in this point.... why not generate static pages... only when something is different the page is generated one Time.... all the others have full speed at all....

• In fact of the internationalism of Arduino, in fact of tons of posts here, in fact of delivering information around the globe i can't understand why no CDN and Cloud was used, to get things better....?
    There are cool Cachingscripts out there for AmazonCloud or Google CDN eg....., that garantuee full Siteperformance round the globe....

So, all in all... i like it, but it's a slightly improvement in relation of slow down the Forum. I hope this will be better in some days... then they have done a very good job and work in the right direction.

Go on!

Greetings ChrisS

Where is the RSS link? And something I couldn't find in the old one, as well as here, is the "Show new posts since last visit...". Or whatever the term is.

Main page font is too big. What is point with those huge "+" and "-" marks on the left side, before every gategories?

This is not the final outlook of the forum, right?

Kari

I'm finding that having so many categories is wearing out my mouse button trying to look through each one to find a topic of interest. Might have to figure out RSS or the unread posts features to scan for good posts.

Information density seems very low - there is an awful lot of whitespace surrounding posts, which is simply a waste of screen real-estate.
I can only hope the speed improves.
(and there goes my New Years resolution, with less than a week left)

I like it a lot !! Much better than the older. Good work guys !!

Soapy29:
What do you think about the new forums? Personally, I kinda like the old forums. That's just me.

Bring back the Frequently Asked Questions board, please. I miss it.

I originally disliked the large number of topics/forums and I admit that it might cause problems when starting a new topic.

But as one who mostly answers posts rather than create threads I'm now finding it much easier to just hit the "unread" link and pick the eyes out of the results. I also think I will be answering many more posts now because I simply look at the title whereas before I would not even go into a forum that was on a subject I was not particularly interested in. So a badly placed thread would not get the benefit of my vast experience :slight_smile:

So now, as long as the title is good, I'll see more posts I think and only have to click on one link to collect all the new stuff.

Rob

AWOL:
On my laptop, posts seem to take up too much screen, so I see fewer posts per screen

Turn off avatars and signatures in your preferences and it will help.

The forum is noticeably slower.
Also, there is redundant categories.
I also miss being able to readily see the posters location on the left (don't know why).

I haven't noticed this, I must admit.
Although I like the new forum, I find all the black boxes that seem to randomly appear at the side annoying.
They say things like 'xxx' has replied to your post 'xxx'. I find the boxes annoying, but it is nothing that I cannot live with.

Onions:

I haven't noticed this, I must admit.
Although I like the new forum, I find all the black boxes that seem to randomly appear at the side annoying.
They say things like 'xxx' has replied to your post 'xxx'. I find the boxes annoying, but it is nothing that I cannot live with.

Funny because I thought they were one of the best features of any forum I have visited.

would be better if you could freeze them by hovering
(a bit like outlook does with incoming emails)

or disable them in configuration (by default!!)

It is currently buggy but I think it is from the team moving topics over.

I think they're not too useful right now but just like anything they CAN be once all the bugs are worked out.

Yeah I find them kinda annoying when I'm on my iPod. It blocks almost the whole screen! and there are way to many categories. The old on all you had was hardware with four sun categories. That was way better.

I really missed the simplicity of the old forum. It seems that there are way too many categories in the new forum (not sure if anyone else agrees) and I found it quite overwhelming. Anyway, maybe after I get used to the new layout I might eventually like it but so far I am a little bit dissapointed :~

The new forum is good. I can feel new flavors in this Forum.