Which to buy? Arduino vs. Sainsmart

technomungo:
I've been using a sainsmart, Has a dodgy chip that doesn't work with the Utouch class.

As of yesterday, I would have said ah bol**cks, they are all the same under the covers.....

But an interesting point to note here. I have Sainshit MEGA2560, TFT shield, TFT_320QVT. Bought them cheap as my first venture into Arduino, since was cheap and didn't know what I was getting in to..... Yeah yeah I know now!!!! Waste of money, cheap shit, with crap support and supplying illegal libraries which are not correctly licensed.......... I KNOW that now!!!!

I have helped many people out with Sainsmuck hardware related problems, since I spent half a lifetime struggling on my own for weeks trying to get something to work when I received my new toys from China.

I can see the benefits of ordering cheap rip-off crap, I can see the pitfalls too!! If you are reading this you clearly understand the pitfalls now??!! :wink:

As of a few weeks ago, I thought I had a problem with my hardware, this evening, I have irrefutably proven that Henning's latest UTFT_Buttons has issues under AVR boards under IDE V1.5.x. So until it is resolved, I would suggest you use IDE V1.0.x as this works fine!

Merry christmas all,

Graham