help for acimut monitriza

the site says :Upload to Arduino device the ModBus RTU protocol..

when i put it in sketchbook and compile it says :As of Arduino 1.0, the 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported.
Please use Serial.write() instead.

how to upload the protocol ?
:~

...now i have uploaded the protocol by the arduino 0023 version ..but the server still wont recognise it..

What is "acimut monitriza"?

Cheers,
Kari

:slight_smile: ,, scada software...

,, scada software...

The Arduino implementation can, at best, toggle pin 13 on and off. Nothing else.

lol.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ...... :cold_sweat: really ?

devilesence:
the site says :Upload to Arduino device the ModBus RTU protocol..

when i put it in sketchbook and compile it says :As of Arduino 1.0, the 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported.
Please use Serial.write() instead.

how to upload the protocol ?
:~

...now i have uploaded the protocol by the arduino 0023 version ..but the server still wont recognise it..

How much information this contains? I mean, if you put yourself in other peoples position, how would this look like to you?
Try more text, less smileys.

Cheers,
Kari

really ?

Yep. Looks like the Arduino implementation was a proof-of-concept that didn't hold someone's interest long enough to extend the functionality to meaningful levels.

@garryp , i thought many people must have used this scada software ,as it is the only one that supports arduino.. people who have used it will get it easily, to what i mean .. i've qouted it from the installation guide ..

devilesence:
@garryp , i thought many people must have used this scada software ,as it is the only one that supports arduino.. people who have used it will get it easily, to what i mean .. i've qouted it from the installation guide ..

What if you turn this assumption upside down? Maybe many "scada software" users are using Arduinos, but how many of them are there, I have no idea...?
But, could you give a link to that software? Maybe the answer lies over there, I'm interested if it has something to do with this: SCADA - Wikipedia

Cheers,
Kari

Hi devilesence,

with IDE version 1.0 of arduino some implementaion changed. Helpful for me:

shurely in this forum there are similar information - google showed me this at first.

There you will find the section:
The BYTE keyword is no longer supported. Change:
Serial.print(val, BYTE)
To:
Serial.write(val); //sends as char

Just do it within the sketch
for (i = 0; i < string_length; i++) {
Serial.write(query*);*
.... and it will work for a short time ...
currently there seems to be a licensproblem within this software. I just startet working on it.
Cheers
Frank
(Just one year to late ...)