What to see in Rome?

Due to when my flights are I have got a day before the Faire and a day after.
So has anyone got any recommendations as to what I should see in Rome?
I think the Coliseum is probably a must but what after that?
I have an interest in craft brewing and astronomy. :slight_smile: I notice that there is a planetarium close to the Faire, any reports of how good it is?

I have never been to Italy to speak of, well I went there one day from Austria to dry the washing but that is it.

I hope also someone else answer here because i live in Torino (north Italy) and i have been in Rome a long time ago .

Mainly when you go to Rome is to see monuments, museums and squares ( square="piazza") .

If you want go for a walk in the city I suggest you to make your starting point the Colosseo and then go for the places around it, a lot of stuff is nearby.

By the way three places you cant miss are :

Colosseo - no need to presentation

Fori Imperiali - most beautiful roman ruins

Musei Vaticani - the cappella sistina is here !!! (reserve a ticket before you go , or you will have to wait a lot in queue )

To grab an idea of what to see use this website (in english):
http://www.turismoroma.it/cosa-fare-categorie/da-visitare?lang=en

bye

PS : the planetarium timetable :

Opening hours:
-Monday-Closed
-Tuesday-Friday: performances at 9.30, 11.00, 12.30 (ticket office opens at 9.00);
-Saturday-Sunday: performances at 10.00, 11.00, 12.30 (ticket office opens at 9.00) and 15.00, 16.00 and 17.30 (ticket office opens at 14.45);

Hi Mike,

A few days ago my wife prepared a one-day walking tour of Rome for her brother who had a few-hours layover between flights. I've attached a pdf of it. Some of the information is probably dated, but I think it is still doable, and would give you a good sense of that glorious city. I live in Siena, but spent 4 months in Rome a number of years ago - great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there, especially with my daughter using a powered wheelchair.

In any case, I'd say "have fun", except that I'm sure you will do that even without my commanding it.

Ciao,
Lenny

Walking tour of Rome.pdf (34.9 KB)

Thanks Lenny and Honny, I shall check that out. Flying out very early tomorrow morning so should be in Rome for lunch.
Cheers

Hi,
I am in Rome in the Eur district. I have a ticket for the Colosseo tomorrow, but I did not arrive until today. I have no printer and the hotel claims not to have a printer. I have trekked up and down the Eur Palasport streets asking if any one can print out my ticket for me. It is on by iPad, but no one can help. Anyone know where I can get something like this printed out for 9:30 tomorrow morning. It looks like €28 down the drain otherwise.

maybe some copyshop - http://www.nelso.nl/it/rome/copy-shop/ - can help you?

Thanks, it will be a last gasp tomorrow.
I went in search of Internet cafes and the two I got off the net had dissapeared many years ago. I think it is all to do with free wifi all over the place.

Answer to the original posted question: Grumpy Mike ! (of course that only works if you are not Grump yMike yourself :wink: )

His italian answer machine was great. As was everything else.