Need help making my own Arduino without buying an Arduino board

I am pretty novice when it comes to electronics, so I do not know a lot about this stuff. I know that for me, Arduino's gonna be the best, as it is the easiest to use for starters.
But the problem is, I simply cannot buy an Arduino board to burn the bootloader onto microcontrollers.
So I want to know of a way to do this with the equipment I already have.
I am including a few images below of the equipment I have already purchased.

Firstly, I do not know how to use the development board with my pc, which runs Windows 8 64 bit.
I also dont know what way to insert the microcontroller in the socket.
I want to turn the uC's into Arduinos.
What other equipment do I need?
I would not be able to buy an arduino board, anything else I'm fine. Just give me the generic names, like what you call those, not the specific brands.
Also, so I need to keep the uC plugged into the board at all times or is there something else I could do?
Sorry for the noob questions, and sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, thanks in advance.

It looks like the board is made by NSK Electronics. It has an ISP (In Circuit Programmer) socket so you will need an AVR ISP device programmer like this or this to program a blank chip with arduino bootloader. I cannot find a manual for the development board (it may be in the software CD image) but this image probably shows the correct orientation of the chip in the ZIF socket. You really need the manual to know if the crystal is the correct speed (though you could see this by eye), how the RS232 (probably same as Arduino) and all the other goodies (switches, LED's, segments etc) on the board are connected.

Firstly, I do not know how to use the development board with my pc, which runs Windows 8 64 bit.

Neither do we since you haven't said which one you have. I'm guessing a USB cable, though.

I also dont know what way to insert the microcontroller in the socket.

Notch in the uC to the notch in the socket

I want to turn the uC's into Arduinos.
What other equipment do I need?

You need an ISP. Some atmega chips, if they have the correct program on them, can be used as an ISP. You also need wire to connect the ISP to the chip. You may want a crystal and capacitors but they aren't necessary.

I would not be able to buy an arduino board, anything else I'm fine. Just give me the generic names, like what you call those, not the specific brands.

ISP, wire

Also, so I need to keep the uC plugged into the board at all times or is there something else I could do?

The chip needs power and can't do anything without connecting it to I/O. Depending on how you flashed it, you may need an oscillator, and you'll generally need a chip to program the atmega via USB. Presumably your development board has those hooked up, but you can theoretically do it all without the board (I do)

Ok, thanks, so I will get an AVR-ISP programmer today then.
Hoping for the best

You can buy an atmega8 with bootloader burn!
http://electronix.altervista.org or a ebay!
See an example with easy "home-made" bootloader with source code and practice!
Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
An small application ultrasonic transducer with few components,and low-cost!
Atmega8 with bootloader and ultrasonic module test ... tutorial - YouTube