Unable to Install Arduino Drivers

Hey guys, hows it going? Newbie here to all this Arduino stuff and really wanna get into it, but I have been encountering this issue. Its an Arduino Uno and I'm having this issue from Windows 10. So the first time I installed the software everything went well and the drivers installed. . However, there was some other issue and it wasn't working correctly and according to the advice from a friend the best I could do was reinstall the software. So I did but noticed that the second time around it did not install the drivers again, I didn't think much of it and tried to keep following the steps but when I went to the device manager I couldn't find the Arduino under "Other Devices " or anything else. After uninstalling and reinstalling various times it still hasn't worked, I have had the board plugged in and still nothing. I really don't know what to do at this point and haven't been able to find any good responses on Google. Can anyone give me a hand? Here is a screenshot of how my device manager looks, as you can see no Arduino insight Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Also here are some pics of the Arduino Uno board I'm working with Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Lawtown:
Hey guys, hows it going? Newbie here to all this Arduino stuff and really wanna get into it, but I have been encountering this issue. So the first time I installed the software everything went well and the drivers installed. However, there was some other issue and it wasn't working correctly and according to the advice from a friend the best I could do was reinstall the software. So I did but noticed that the second time around it did not install the drivers again, I didn't think much of it and tried to keep following the steps but when I went to the device manager I couldn't find the Arduino under "Other Devices " or anything else. After uninstalling and reinstalling various times it still hasn't worked, I have had the board plugged in and still nothing. I really don't know what to do at this point and haven't been able to find any good responses on Google. Can anyone give me a hand? I have windows 10 btw

I don't see anything in your post about actually connecting up an Arduino of any kind.

I think you really need to read the top few posts in here and add more information.

The drivers in most cases would not need to re-install as they usually remain even after uninstalling the IDE.

What Arduino ?
Where from ?
Clone or real ?

etc etc etc.

ballscrewbob:
I think you really need to read the top few posts in here and add more information.

The drivers in most cases would not need to re-install as they usually remain even after uninstalling the IDE.

What Arduino ?
Where from ?
Clone or real ?

etc etc etc.

Sorry I should've added more information when I wrote this last night. Its an Arduino Uno, and if from where its from you mean where I bought it assume? Well my friend gave it to me, along with the rest of the Arduino Starter Kit, it seems pretty legit came with guide books and everything so I am assuming he bought it off of the website.

ieee488:
I don't see anything in your post about actually connecting up an Arduino of any kind.

My bad, but i did connect it several times. Its an Arduino Uno

Lawtown:
My bad, but i did connect it several times. Its an Arduino Uno

People have reported issues with Windows 10 and its driver enforcement policy.

I use Windows 10 and don't have that problem though.

Avoid USB 3.0 ports where possible...

There are even some CLONE starter kits so it is never safe to assume its a real Arduino unless you are sure of the source.

USB leads can go bad at a moments notice so always try a couple more or one you know for sure works with another device.

A picture of the chip near the USB port may be useful or if you can read the text from it that too !

ieee488:
People have reported issues with Windows 10 and its driver enforcement policy.

Is there anything i can do for this?

Post screenshot from Device Manager and, if present, detailed information about the device, mainly Hardware ID

Lawtown:
Is there anything i can do for this?

There probably is, but I have never had to do it, so I don't know what the steps are.
There should be information if you Google it.

One option you may want to try is to change compatibility mode to Windows 7 on the EXE.

ptnapivoski:
Post screenshot from Device Manager and, if present, detailed information about the device, mainly Hardware ID

I posted a screenshot, what other information should i add

ptnapivoski:

I just uploaded some pictures of the device and a screenshot of Device Manager

Set the environment variable DevMgr_Show_NonPresent_Devices to 1 so that you can see disconnected devices when displaying hidden devices in Device Manager.

By that way you can "remove" disconnected devices. It is a good thing to do a clean up in registry too.

Disconnect devices. Remove every disconnected device related to your problem. Connect again.

ptnapivoski:
Set the environment variable DevMgr_Show_NonPresent_Devices to 1 so that you can see disconnected devices when displaying hidden devices in Device Manager.

By that way you can "remove" disconnected devices. It is a good thing to do a clean up in registry too.

Disconnect devices. Remove every disconnected device related to your problem. Connect again.

How do I do I set the environment variable though?

Google is your friend for many things so here is a helping hand

You also need to enable it to be able to see the COM & LPT section that is missing from your screen shot.
But it may be quicker just to use the show hidden devices without the management setting for that.

ptnapivoski:

Did that but still no luck, all that shows up is this https://imgur.com/a/ihlLL4H

I'm not sure if that is the Arduino but I doubt it. What else can I do?

ballscrewbob:
Google is your friend for many things so here is a helping hand

You also need to enable it to be able to see the COM & LPT section that is missing from your screen shot.
But it may be quicker just to use the show hidden devices without the management setting for that.

I've enable the Com and LPT but the Arduino is still not showing up, heres what comes out https://imgur.com/a/ihlLL4H I tried to look the issue up and found something about Updating the Atmega8U2 on the Uno, i found it n this website but im not sure if that will solve my issue. Is this something i should try?

Details Tab > Property > Hardware IDs

ptnapivoski:
Details Tab > Property > Hardware IDs

Says pnp 0500, what do I do with this?

That is not an USB Device. Try another cable.

COM 3 is usually the first COM port windows assigns to a device after its two reserved ports 1 and 2 so there is a pretty good chance that is your board.

You should be able to call up its driver properties and go from there with any driver updates it wants or needs.
But seeing as you are having some issues with your windows installation I would probably do it as ADMINISTRATOR.

You can verify if that really is your board by unplug it with that window open and see if that com port goes or stays !