Simple BlueTooth Data Exchange

Hello Everybody.

I am quite crazy about bluetooth comminication between Arduino BT and a computer or any bluetooth device (mobile phone, palm, machine, etc.), and I'll be very thankfull if someone could help me.

Now I can understand how Arduino BT works. It's just a simple serial communication with external devices (computer, phone, palms, etc.). I just have to programming the serial port for configuration, read the serial port, and as soon as any data is avalilable, I have just to get it and it's ok. If I need send data out, I just have to send it via serial communication.

My question is: In my computer (or mobile phone), it's not a serial communication, it's a java or C++ program running and reading/writing the bluetooth adapter port.

How it works? Do I have to implement all bluetooth stack (device inquiry, service inquiry, etc.)? Can you share with me a small source code in Java, C++ or C that send or receive data from Arduino BT? I mean, a source code that will be compiled in a computer to send and receive data from/to Arduino?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Daniel Abib