Cable Connectors

Hi Everybody,

I am working on Christmas light set up.
I want to be able to have connectors so when im pulling it down makes it easy.
I was looking at some RJ11 plugs they are a little expensive.
I have using Solid Core CAT5e cable.

Any ideas what to use and where to buy ?

RJ11 expensive? I don't think so. :slight_smile:

50 pcs 2 pin, $1.59 free shipping
50 pcs 4 pin, $1.69 free shipping

Or you could buy a box with 100 RJ45 plugs for $2.90, then you can use the rest for network cables.

Yeah to expensive i was looking at them today i need 4 pin as they are RGB LED's
Cat is just the cabling i could use just about any plugs but i just can't find any.

Problem with the RJ is i need both the male and female the female ones are expensive lol.

I don't know how many or what kind you need. But I can find 5 RJ11 sockets for a circuit board for $2.99.

Maybe you want to connect cables to each other, and not connect cables to a board?

myplacedk:
I don't know how many or what kind you need. But I can find 5 RJ11 sockets for a circuit board for $2.99.

Maybe you want to connect cables to each other, and not connect cables to a board?

Yeah Sorry Mate,
Need to connects cables not cables to bored.
And there is going to be like over 50 connections if this works :slight_smile:

I just bought one of these tools and a bunch of pins, sockets, and plastic bodies. The ones I bought are nonlocking but maybe one of the other socket/body combos would work? I used them for an LED install.

You say you don't mind what connector you use really,
Have you considered USB? the male and female parts are normally about the same price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-USB-Type-A-4Pin-90-DIP-Male-Panel-Mount-Connector-HW-UAM-05-/170792672023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c4095b17
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-USB-Type-A-4Pin-90-DIP-Female-Connector-HW-UAF-05-/170792775707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c40af01b

Its a bit more work though as the cheap ones are for PCB mounting really... but they have pins for soldering.

Or do you require locking connectors?

Dean

dean8020:
Have you considered USB? the male and female parts are normally about the same price.
Or do you require locking connectors?

Dean

I didn't think of USB i thought they were to Expensive but wow $30 for 100 I think USB might be the way to go :D.

Thanks Dean

No problem,
Glad to offer my first bit of help :slight_smile: