RFID issue

I've been trying to get an RFID reader to read an RFID card with the past while yet to no avail. I'm pretty certain that I have everything connected properly on the breadboard and to the RFID reader and Arduino board.

Here is the spec for the Reader... http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504

I'm getting the following error when I upload from the Arduino software to the board... 'Problem uploading to Board'. I'm just getting the follwing output:

Binary Sketch size: 5632 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: reap=0x30
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, reap=0x51

I've downloaded and copied & pasted the 'NewSoftSerial' library into the Arduino Library folder and then imported that sketch into Arduino... where I've also copied the test code from http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/resources/RFID1356/RFID1356_Test.pde into the Arduino sketch.

If anyone has any solution to the problem I would appreciate it greatly. Sorry if the description above is a little vague... but I'm afraid I'm not much of an electronics or coding expert :frowning:

I don't know about your unit, but when I use my RFID unit I have to unplug the antenna, upload the sketch and then plug the antenna back in to get the sketch to run correctly. Might be worth a try.

Schmidtn:
I don't know about your unit, but when I use my RFID unit I have to unplug the antenna, upload the sketch and then plug the antenna back in to get the sketch to run correctly. Might be worth a try.

Cheers for the reply. Still no joy though, unfortunately.

You might have more basic problem with your arduino. Remove the RFID and just try and upload the LED blink sketch.

I tried the LED blink sketch and it works fine.

I should also add that since the original post the sketch is now uploading to the i/o without any problems. But I'm still confused as to why I can't get any readings from the rfid card. I also received some rfid tags this morning so it would be great to crack on and get some communication going between them and the arduino.

Could anyone recommend a basic sketch to get a test reading from the rfid card or tags? Much appreciated.