Go Down

Topic: emulation ds2430a (Read 390 times) previous topic - next topic

LionKi

All Hi!

I'm a newcomer here and I wanted to know:
With the help of arduino it is possible to emulate ds2430a?

TonyWilk

Hi,
I would think so, yes.

Will it be easy? no.

Unless someone comes up with a library or already-existing code, you would have to write specific 1-pin serial communications at around 65uS/bit and emulate a bunch of internal commands.

Yours,
  TonyWilk

LionKi

tell me which way to dig or is it better to ask a question in another branch to help with the library?

TonyWilk

tell me which way to dig or is it better to ask a question in another branch to help with the library?
Googling "emulate ds2430a" gets a bunch of hits.

Maybe someone will reply here if you wait a while...

Yours,
  TonyWilk

Grumpy_Mike

Jan 23, 2018, 01:04 pm Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 01:07 pm by Grumpy_Mike
The function yes but you will not be able to emulate the powering off the data line. ( Parasite power mode )

Why do you want this chip anyway? It would seem that their are many ways to have 256 bytes of EEPROM storage without going to those lengths.

Or are you trying to copy something some one has done with this chip and you think it will be simpler if you make an emulation rather than understanding and changing that "something"? If so you are wrong in that assumption.

tell me which way to dig
Look at the 1Wire libiary for a start.
https://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/OneWire

LionKi

this chip uses the printer in cartridges, cartridges are replenished and do not have a chip now! the printer began to issue a message that the cartridges are overdue, I want to make a device that tells the printer that the cartridge is full and not overdue at all times.

Grumpy_Mike

So I would have thought that the simplest thing would be to just change the memory inside the chip in the cartridge.
Read the bytes from a new cartridge, make a copy of it, and when the cartridge thinks it is full then upload the initial data onto it.

I am sure some one will have done this as a project before now. 

Go Up