Teensy Audio Tutorial Video

We made a 48 minute tutorial video to accompany the audio workshop presented last weekend at Hackaday's SuperCon. Maybe it'll be of some interest here?

The video shows playing 2 wav files with software mixing, polyphonic sample playing, audio delay effects, filters, oscillators and ADSR envelopes, and continuous real-time peak & 1024 point FFT analysis.

Hope you like the video, and hopefully this message wasn't too spammy (full disclosure: I'm the creator of Teensy).

Just ordered my very first Teensy! (3.2)...

After (years) of people at my makerspace using them.. and seeing/reading about them all over the 'net.

I am not a 'statistic' :slight_smile:

(maybe the audio shield can be the same size as the teensy for v2?) it being wider limits the applications it can be used in unfortunately. :frowning:

Thanks!

xl97:
(maybe the audio shield can be the same size as the teensy for v2?)

Connectors and mounting holes are the main issue to making such a small PCB. Assuming no mounting holes, where would the headphone jack and header for adding line in/out go?

I am working on another audio shield with a 2W amp chip for a single speaker, and some other nice features like APA102 LED driver (with proper SPI sharing). It'll be 1.9 by 0.7 inch.

I wasnt thinking of having a headphone jack.. (just speaker pads to solder top)..

I never used headphones in my projects its all for speaker (outloud) use...

I like the size...

I have a custom Arduino/Waveshield hybrid board I use in most of my projects.

ie:

here it is next to a full sized Arduino and Adafruit Waveshield..

(I soldered on 2 x pin female header to the speaker pads for quickly testing some speakers I had around the bench.)

uses an lm386 for an amp...

speaker pads to solder to..

would be nice to have more processing power...

Hey,

I had downloaded it and will definitely watch it!

Paul, you da man!

@xl97 - That's a really impressively small board. What does it use for data storage? Is there a SD card on the back?

@Paul Stoffregen

Yep.. a microSD socket on the bottom! for .txt config files and .wav files for my projects..

Paul, thanks so much for posting this! This is a real game-changer for me! Very good tutorial!