big

Hi, I would need a thing to activite 1000 or more devices on or off simultaneously.

Thanks

What are the devices?
Define simultaneously - like ALL on or off at the same time, like one huge switch?
Or, controlling 1000 things, with each turning on/off at different times under program control?

CrossRoads:
like one huge switch?

"Big" switch. Big.

matt_1012:
Hi, I would need a thing to activite 1000 or more devices on or off simultaneously.

Thanks

Well when power to my house fails a 1000 things simultaneously turn off and most turn back on simultaneously when the power comes back. This the desired action your talking about?

Lefty

Hi,
one at a time or number from 1 to 1000

I prefer if it stay under 0,40$ per output.

I have two idea but there is certainly more

1. an integrated circuit that goes on or off when it receives its code. and use one on each device. sending all the codes to all the switches. and it only goes on or off when it is their codes.

2. a circuit that turns on off, each output. all in one. but i found only ones with not a lot of output.

it seems to me the 1. is more simple, less expensive for a for over 1000. but it maybe 2. or another one.
does it exist or should it be produced.

thanks,

Stop being so vague.
How are the 'slaves' to be connected to the 'master'?
What are the devices to be controlled?
Anything can be made that will listen for its address and control an output accordingly.
What it takes to provide that control is what drives the cost.

40 cents per output seems a little unreasonable. Cost wil easily exceed that if each device needs an input connector for serial data & power/ground from the master, a chip to receive 2 bytes of data minimum and interpret it for on/off status, an output connector for the unspecified device, a PCB to hold it all together, and likely some kind of driver if the device needs more than a few mA of current controlled.

1000 devices.. Shiftregisters, multiplexers..relays...MOSFETS..

Khalid:
1000 devices.. Shiftregisters, multiplexers..relays...MOSFETS..

There will be some limitations to how many shift registers you can chain, or fan out. That number might be 16 32 ish for some shift registers (read their data sheets) so if you run the entire thing with shift register, you need a few chains of them with separate toggle lines. I am thinking to prevent spurious triggering from noise, you may want a serial bus and address each node. Then each node has a controller to turn on and off the relay. The bus voltage may need to be high to suppress noise.

I prefer if it stay under 0,40$ per output.

Almost no chance of this, unless your "devices" are LEDs and you use simple shift regs.

Rob

PLCs are made specifically for that sort of app. Arduino really is not.

oric_dan(333):
PLCs are made specifically for that sort of app. Arduino really is not.

Programmable logic controller - Wikipedia

Not if you factor in the cost. $400 will buy you how much PLC? The OP is being very unrealistic in budget.

Yeah, budget is OP's problem. Unrealistic is OP's problem. PLCs are made for 1000s of
control lines, Arduino certainly is not. By time you jin up some extension boards for
Arduino with 1000 control signals, what's that gonna cost in time and effort?

I don't know about PLC too much. I never thought using PLC is a money-saving thing. It would be more expensive running PLC with 1000 outputs compared with arduino with 1000 outputs, simply because the PLCs are for factories and arduino is for DIY.