Error writing to Uno Board

My uno board worked on this computer at one time but I dont know what changed since then.

I am running Windows 7 x64. Usb port to the Uno board. the device manager says there is a Uno board on com3. The compiler list the board as an Uno on Com3. When I try to write any program to it (blink.ino) I get an error.

F:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename 'core.a'; reason: Permission denied[/i]

I have tried the Uno board on another computer and it works fine. I have a feeling it is not communicating to the Uno thru this com port. i have tried uninstalling the driver several times with no luck.

Any suggestions? I did go thru all the trouble shooting ideas but didnt find anything that worked.

Thanks in advance...

F:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename 'core.a'; reason: Permission denied

That isn't a problem with your UNO, it a problem with the Arduino installation on your PC. Try re-installing the Arduino IDE.

I have tried uninstalling the Uno driver several times. It is set to com3. I have a feeling that it is having trouble talking to the com port. Any other ideas? I do believe its a computer problem and not an uno problem.

mgallman:
I have tried uninstalling the Uno driver several times. It is set to com3. I have a feeling that it is having trouble talking to the com port. Any other ideas? I do believe its a computer problem and not an uno problem.

Right click properties to arduino folder and set full control to "everyone" on permissions. (but I am not sure why arduino tries to open that file anyway)

I tried that. I did have to change some permissions but it still didnt fix the issue.

Any other ideas?

From your windows desktop right click on icon for arduino properties left click, then click Compatibility under compatibility mode select Windows 7 then Privilege level check Run this program as an administor then ok.