Hello,

Sorry for my bad English

On the next page + - Arduino Reference
show:

(+ operator)

I think it should be more explicit

• (concatenation operator)

also the link (See also), must show a link to the arithmetic operator

In spite of the Reference material it is not a good idea to use the String (capital S) class as it can cause memory corruption in the small memory on an Arduino. Just use cstrings - char arrays terminated with 0.

...R

In spite of the Reference material it is not a good idea to use the String (capital S) class as it can cause memory corruption in the small memory on an Arduino.

Is there not a way to fix the String library so that it doesn't do that? I have noticed in the past many people have stated problems with Strings. Is there not a computer design platform out there that someone can load the String library to and the platform show the causes of the memory corruption?

Also, when you pass arguments, does that default to passing Strings? - Just wondering

The code for the String class was designed for computers that have at least 1000 times more memory than an Uno and which have an Operating System to prevent one program from transgressing on the memory allocated to another program.

It is for you to decide the data type in any arguments that you pass to a function.

...R