yup its been posted b4 :slight_smile:

thanks for reminding us tho XD

1d : 1h : 52m : 43s...

Yeah, my cart is loaded ready to go.

4:00 GMT

Mowcius

yup me too :3

im gmt+1 :stuck_out_tongue:

fingers crossed assuming the servers dont crash and burn wen the worlds geeks descend upon them XD

Cart?

Here's mine:

XBee Explorer Regulated $9.95
Arduino Pro 328 - 5V/16MHz $19.95
Serial Graphic LCD 128x64 $34.95
Motor Driver 9A VNH3SP30 $27.95
Servo - Large $12.95

Shopping Cart Total: $105.75

Just over $100 but I can afford the $5.75 and postage.
Most of it is for my RC car that I am modifying, and a graphic LCD for a bit of fun! (maybe for on the controller)

Mowcius

So at 9:00:01, when 10,000 people simultaneously click "Checkout", do the first thousand or so get their orders free, and the rest pay the normal price?

Hmmmm.

Does the countdown clock show time as per my timezone?

It shows 1d : 0h : 30m : 56s at the time of posting.

So at 9:00:01, when 10,000 people simultaneously click "Checkout", do the first thousand or so get their orders free, and the rest pay the normal price?

I was wondering the same thing, they said that a warning will be showed about this but will it be actually effective?

Hmmmm.

Does the countdown clock show time as per my timezone?

It shows 1d : 0h : 30m : 56s at the time of posting.

What do you mean? It is that amount of time until it starts, it doesn't matter what your timezone is, it's still the same amount of time. It will be running off a server clock so will be the same for everyone...

I was wondering the same thing, they said that a warning will be showed about this but will it be actually effective?

Well, it will tell you if your cart is eligible for the free stuff and I presume that will be pretty obvious. Sparkfun aren't that mean!
It obviously has to tell you to confirm your cart that will be just a few dollars postage if you get your stuff for free...

Mowcius

I'm still really mad that I won't be able to participate. Stupid school. And to think it's going to snow tomorrow night....perhaps canceling school the day AFTER free day.... Ironic... :-?

I'm still really mad that I won't be able to participate. Stupid school. And to think it's going to snow tomorrow night....perhaps canceling school the day AFTER free day.... Ironic...

In 5 hours I will have submitted my cart and it will probably be over...

Mowcius

It's ridiculous, 2 hours to final rush and the site just stopped working properly due to the massive hammering.

You mean hour and a half, you just have to keep trying

I am on after the second try with shitty slow internet. My cart is ready to go but I am expecting quite a few timeouts when I try to submit...

You really had to have done your cart in advance or it could take you the next hour and a half to fill it!

Mowcius

Ive been trying for about an hour now just to see the home page

SO, eventho I have the ability to participate, and the will, It looks to be my average luck, which is fine I guess, I was half way done with a dumpster dive video controller

:frowning:

SparkFun Electronics is Temporarily Closed!
SparkFun Electronics has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are installed and configured.
Please be patient and check back soon. We're working tirelessly to make this down time as brief as possible.

Arghh!

SparkFun Electronics is Temporarily Closed!
SparkFun Electronics has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are installed and configured.
Please be patient and check back soon. We're working tirelessly to make this down time as brief as possible.

This is going to be an epic fail :smiley:

This is going to be an epic fail

Maybe. I sure hope not but they would do it some other day if the servers can't support it today...

Mowcius

Hehe, it's back up now and I am ready!

Mowcius

yep, been banging refresh for an hour and forty min now, still haven't seen the fkin homepage, keep getting "server has reset the connection"

Ill re issue my statement, using this to stress test new servers is friggin retarded

glad the UK can get on, and people 1 time zone to the right cant

EPIC FAIL

It's so hectic, I'm going to piss my pants ;D

It's so hectic, I'm going to piss my pants

Agreed.

I need to go but i'm not going to for at least 15 minutes...

I am getting really excitied though. My face: :smiley: