Part ID on the Mega 2560

What are those round things behind power jack? Mine says 2E 47 25S. Just curious. My guess is SMT capacitor 47uF. Then What 2E ans 25S stand for? Either one of them should be voltage. No?
Thank you.

The exact meanings of the markings are vendor specific.
I would guess that "2E" is a "lot number", and 25S has the voltage (25?) and perhaps a series identifier (tolerence, temperature range, etc.)

I just found a datasheet close to it. VES-100M1CTR-0405 Lelon, VES-100M1CTR-0405 Datasheet
According to this paper, 2E is date code, 47 means 47 ohms, 25S means 25Volt series S, huh?
Thank you.

47 would indicate 47uF, not 47 ohm

nadana:
What are those round things behind power jack? Mine says 2E 47 25S. Just curious. My guess is SMT capacitor 47uF. Then What 2E ans 25S stand for? Either one of them should be voltage. No?
Thank you.

My 2560mega has 2 of them. They are marked:

D1
25V

They are 47 uF, 25 volt SMD capacitors.

right, 47uF not ohms :slight_smile:

Thanks Krupski and CrossRoads. I was also wondering what those parts where. SMD Capacitor make sense. If I am not wrong, I believe they are a part of the Voltage Regulator circuit, is that correct?

insazacorp:
Thanks Krupski and CrossRoads. I was also wondering what those parts where. SMD Capacitor make sense. If I am not wrong, I believe they are a part of the Voltage Regulator circuit, is that correct?

Why not look at the schematic? http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-mega2560_R3-schematic.pdf

Those caps are PC1 and PC2 in the diagram... and you're right, they are part of the voltage regulator.