sending of spoofing FM signals to a RC car ?

hey guys im working on a RC car and i have hooked the RC receiver up to the arduino and i am able to determine when im holding the throttle and should accelerate, right now im just lighting LED's when im throttling,reversing or just at hault.atm i send the RC signals to the receiver using a hitec RC controller, this works fine, but i would like it to be autonymous and therefore i need to send values to the receiver from the arduino, idk if i have to hook up the FM sender and use it or just connect the arduino to the receiver and send values through the wire directly to the receiver :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry for my poor English, its not my main language :confused:

i tried explaining, if u have any questions, just ask :slight_smile:

you can use Bluetooth, RF or Wifi, connect one of those to the TX and RX pins on the arduino and go from there

yea i could use any of thoose, but as i said i have already hooked the arduino up to the RC receiver that controls the motors, i just need to write the code that makes the arduino spoof an FM signal from the controller, im not going to send a FM signal im just going to send it throught the arduino connection to the receiver, damn its hard to explain xD

I don't think that could be done, I could be wrong and it might work but I doubt it.

disturbed:
yea i could use any of thoose, but as i said i have already hooked the arduino up to the RC receiver that controls the motors, i just need to write the code that makes the arduino spoof an FM signal from the controller, im not going to send a FM signal im just going to send it throught the arduino connection to the receiver, damn its hard to explain xD

I'm not clear what you want to do.

If you want the Arduino to take signals in from the RC receiver (the signals that would usually go to servos and speed controllers) that is easily done. If you want the Arduino to output the sort of signals needed to control servos and speed controllers, that is also easy.

What you can't do - and I'm not sure whether you're trying to - is make the Arduino simulate the radio signal that would usually come from the RC transmitter. That is not something the Arduino can do - but if you think you need to do that then please explain what you're trying to achieve and perhaps we can suggest a better way to achieve it.

I think what the OP is asking for is if he can make a arduino generate a PPM message stream modulating FM RF signal generator on the same frequency that his existing R/C receiver is using. That is can he build a arduino based R/C FM transmitter. At least that is my take on it.

Lefty

My take is that the op has an arduino in the car and would like that arduino to control the car. It is easily done but before we suggest how -

1. Confirm this is what you want

2. Confirm whether the car has proportional control or is it full on, full off type control ?

Duane b

rcarduino.blogspot.com

well i have the receiver mounted and im receiving values :stuck_out_tongue: i am currently using a manualy controled joystick to throttle, but i want the arduino to automatically throttle :stuck_out_tongue: therefore i would need to send a FM signal :slight_smile: i can take out the receiver from the joystick and try, but i would like to verify that this is possible first :stuck_out_tongue:

please link me to anything that could help :wink:

basicly making it go by itself(path).

How will the arduino know how to adjust the throttle? Where is it getting the data to do so.?
The arduino won't do anything unless told to. Unless your talking about a fail-safe in which the arduino will take over when you lose signal, but then how will it know the receiver has lost signal?

I'm confused as to what you want to accomplish with the arduino being automatic.

You have a transmitter and receiver with servos, what will the arduino be doing, what is its purpose?

i want it to be autonymous xD i will code a path for it to drive :stuck_out_tongue: like this for example

Serial.print("start moving forward")
delay(like 1000 sec or so)
Serial.print("start moving left")

Oh like a maze bot, ok well do you have sensors, or will it be GPS mapped.

none of the above xD its not a maze bot, its a path bot, driving a given programmed length

You could have saved all of us from being confused if you told us exactly what you were doing in the beginning. -_-

mhm, as i said.. poor english :stuck_out_tongue: anyways got any idea how to ?

Sensors!, ultrasonic distance sensor, IR distance sensor, line tracker, or you can physically measure the path by hand.

Your pick.

The arduino needs some input to function, what you want to do required some kind of sensor.

disturbed:
i want it to be autonymous xD i will code a path for it to drive :stuck_out_tongue: like this for example

Serial.print("start moving forward")
delay(like 1000 sec or so)
Serial.print("start moving left")

In this case you don't need the radio transmitter and receiver at all; the vehicle is no longer radio controlled, instead it is controlled by its onboard Arduino. The Arduino is able to output the servo and speed controller outputs that would previously have come from the receiver, but you will have to write a sketch that tells it what commands to output.

yea but wouldnt i need a motor shield for that ? :confused: i don't have one yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really, to power the servos you may need a voltage regulator either 5v or 12v depending on model. And the signal will come from the arduino. Do you want to adjust the speed? If so send the signals from the PWM pins on the arduino.

well i am going to controll a servo for the steering, thats taken care of :stuck_out_tongue: but i need to have the engine/motor go, and for that i would need a h-bridge or a motor shield, and i have neither of those, therefore i think i would have to send FM signals to it as that would controll all of the motors, im sorry for not mentioning earlier but all of this is taken from a fully cuntioning RC car, that im trying to make autonymous

disturbed:
well i am going to controll a servo for the steering, thats taken care of :stuck_out_tongue: but i need to have the engine/motor go, and for that i would need a h-bridge or a motor shield, and i have neither of those, therefore i think i would have to send FM signals to it as that would controll all of the motors, im sorry for not mentioning earlier but all of this is taken from a fully cuntioning RC car, that im trying to make autonymous

What speed controller did it use in its original RC controlled state? If it was controlled by the RC receiver then, you should be able to use exactly the same thing under Arduino control, with the Arduino taking the place of the RC receiver.