Is it assignment hand-in time again?

Or the new chip I just bought, or the Arduino, or XBee ... (Where can I get some of those returned "defectives" at half price or whatever?)

Especially when it is preceded by "I just started programming today".

It's like saying "I just started learning to cook today and found there was something wrong with the oven because my cake didn't turn out right".

Love that analogy!

westfw:
Here's an actual quote from over in AVRFreaks.

I am doing Propller clock using ATMEGA16-16PU or AT89S51, and I really need a code. Anycode it dose not have to be working because deadline is tomorow.

Amazing. Probably a troll.

Perhaps there needs to be a "Random Arduino Code Generator" option at the top here so when someone asks we coupld easily and quickly generate some code for them to turn in...

Absolutely. One that looks very complex, but when you run it "rickrolls" you.

What about printing to serial port every second with ascii star war "ending"?

(You have to be patient to watch all the way to the end. I didn't know why the characters all started singing that song til now. So it's rickroll!)

Hi,

Slightly OT, or maybe not, anyone else cut their teeth on 'input' magazine ?

Just about everyone I knew in my school years bought input, typed in the programs and had extensive opinions on the relative benefits of ZX Spectrums, Vic 20s, Oric ATOM's, Acorns and Commodore 64s.

Duane B

PS To the guy that can't study computer science, lots of us taught ourselves (one of us anyway) and got into out first jobs by turning up at recruitment fairs with demos of our work, easily done if thats really what you want to do.

A lot more constructive than this clown -

rcarduino.blogspot.com

lots of us taught ourselves (one of us anyway) and got into out first jobs by turning up at recruitment fairs with demos of our work,

As did I, except I knocked on the doors of all the electronics companies I could find in the phone book with a roll of schematics under my arm. I'm sure they were crap but I was keen.

Rob

DuaneB:
Slightly OT, or maybe not, anyone else cut their teeth on 'input' magazine ?

Just about everyone I knew in my school years bought input, typed in the programs and had extensive opinions on the relative benefits of ZX Spectrums, Vic 20s, Oric ATOM's, Acorns and Commodore 64s.

I don't remember the name of it, but I do recall typing in fairly lengthy program for the Commodore 64 straight out of a magazine. A text editor, for one, as I recall.

Hi,

Input -

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Yeah I sometimes provide real code but the trouble with that is you sort of "inherit" the problem if it doesn't work. I often say something like "this isn't tested and may not work but it will give you the idea". I don't know if that's better or worse than doing nothing or providing a fully tested solution.

Rob

Anyone else getting pms looking for help lately ?

Duane B

Unless it's trivial, I usually direct people who PM me for help to post on the forum, that way everyone benefits.

When it's trivial, I usually direct people who PM me for help to Google; that way no one is bothered. ]:slight_smile:

Got one today, suggested they post on the forum (it wasn't trivial).

DuaneB:
Anyone else getting pms looking for help lately ?

Duane B

I got one a while back. I did not have the knowledge they needed at the time. I thought maybe the person asked me because my profile shows me as a "god" member. I mentioned that the only reason my profile said "god member" was because I have made a lot of posts. :slight_smile:

If you give a man a fish, you feed him today. If you teach him to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life.

I salute you for this quote :slight_smile:

I'm trying to teach people to fish, but not only that, hope that my "fishing" advice is not just received by one person. Hence the request for questions to be posted on the forum.

After all, who wants to teach 20 people to fish, individually, when you can hold a fishing class?

In my experience and the experience of many others I know -

If you give a man a fish, he eats today. If you teach a man to fish, tomorrow he will be eating your lunch.

:wink:

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Depends on how much you charge for the teaching and how many people want to learn to fish. 8)
As we can't charge on a forum and we have plenty of other stuff to do I guess we prefer to teach only once :smiley:

Greetings from Belgium
Jantje

If you give a man a fish, he eats today. If you teach a man to fish,

...he will sit in a boat all day with his mates, drinking beer.

AWOL:

If you give a man a fish, he eats today. If you teach a man to fish,

...he will sit in a boat all day with his mates, drinking beer.

ROFL
As long as he brings his towel it's ok.

Jantje