[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

psgarcha92:
but in github, there is no source for 1.5r2....

Am sorry for being stupid, i am a not very used to compiling and stuff

Regards

There is a file with instructions, look how to make Arduino in google. You may merge a little bit the code from 1.0.3 into 1.5 (just the icon code). Otherwise you will have to wait until I do it

Hey eried

Thanks for all the work you have done already, what i am going to suggest might seem a little selfish, but,
have u ever used CodeBlocks Compiler? located here
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26#windows

i ask because, i have been using it for a while now, and i have noticed that when i type in an opening brace "{", a closing brace, "}" is automatically placed in the next line, in a same way, typing in a " results in a closing " in the next line. We have templates now, but it would be really handy if this could also be there in the Arduino IDE. Do u think it is doable, without a lot of efforts?

Please take it just as a suggestion. I am personally a fan of your work, you are doing something the Arduino Team should be undertaking, hats off to you.

Regards

It is doable, but as every feature, I wait until several people ask for the same.

In my opinion, I hate these auto completions, I like visual studio style, non-intrusive completion. Sometimes you try to fix some piece of code and the extra stuff keeps showing up. In any new IDE I have to use, I first check how to disable the quotes, parentheses and brackets completion.

@eried,

I totally agree, but when typing long lines of code, which for example might contain if else conditions, it sometimes becomes hard to tell which Closing bracket/Brace belongs to which Opening bracket....if the code is auto formatted in the manner it is done in CoceBlocks, it becomes a lot easier.

Another thing i wanted to ask was, as i have read, your versions of Arduino IDE use newer WinAVR versions....can that ever cause anything to go wrong..? has it ever happened that a code would work fine on the original IDE and not work properly on your IDE??

I cant wait for u to port all you have done to the Due software :slight_smile:

Regards

Can you replace the shortcut CTRL+ALT+M (upload and then open the serial monitor) with something else?
because it prints the greek letter µ .

Sure, what do you suggest?

Also you can reverse the behavior in preferences.txt:

In general I don't like pressing three keys at once, even if ctrl+alt = altgr, it is easier to use something like ctrl+?

In this case I would like to use CTRL + M

And in your picture it is show "open serial monitor" can be set to true/false, but this is only the action (upload OR upload+monitor) for the arrow next to "verify". I am refering to the keyboard shortcut.

karlok:
In general I don't like pressing three keys at once, even if ctrl+alt = altgr, it is easier to use something like ctrl+?

In this case I would like to use CTRL + M

And in your picture it is show "open serial monitor" can be set to true/false, but this is only the action (upload OR upload+monitor) for the arrow next to "verify". I am refering to the keyboard shortcut.

OK, now it is Ctrl+i

Update 2013-02-02

• 1.0.3 20130202: Tweaks for Windows 8 in the driver installer. Key shortcut to upload and open the serial monitor is now Ctrl+i to avoid issues with some locates. Returns the maximum items that fit in the current screen for the menu scroller now uses Paul Stoffregen code.

I really appreciate your fast reaction
However, excuse me,I have to bother you again, the shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator!
Could you add this in the configuration file, something like
openserialmonitorshortcut=M (that means CTRL+M)
openserialmonitorshortcut=I (that means CTRL+I)
So everyone with different location-specific settings can define his own shortcut.

mmm... are you sure there isn't some kind of extension on your keyboard? ctrl+i makes sense to me because it is near ctrl+u so I guess the other combination that makes sense is ctrl+alt+u.

Are you sure it creates the tabulator in arduino itself? because I think the ide should trap the ctrl+i before the tabulator.

The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

karlok:
The shortcut CTRL+I prints a tabulator in Notepad, too.

And I prefer using CTRL+some key instead of pressing three keys and what about letting the user change the setting in the configuration file?

Oh, you are correct! I checked the ctrl+i quickly, but if you select the text it adds the tab. What about Ctrl+Y ?
I can add the setting (as a last resource) but for the moment I prefer to keep this simple.

I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

karlok:
I still prefer Ctrl+M :wink:
Ctrl and Y is very near each other (german keyboard, QWERTZ) so I would need to use the right ctrl-key. It is ok, though

OK you win! haha I tough ctrl+m was already assigned but it is not. So ctrl+m will be the final.

Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

karlok:
Thank you very much
looking forward to downloading the new version

It is available right now to download. I hope does not makes conflict now with someone in Andorra because ctrl+M adds some andorrian symbol hahah :smiley:

Works like a charm!
Thank you very much :wink:

For all these TI loves :stuck_out_tongue: I modded the Energia IDE with the same fixes/improvements:

All this afternoon I fighted with some stuff in the TI toolkit (similar problem with the official ide when I updated winavr and I noticed how to fix the Arduino version so PATH will be no required now :smiley: in some future version, this means 0 dependencies or system modifications now)

Nice!

eried:
If you need that bug, you can replace the rxtxSerial.dll file with the one from the official IDE package

Just to voice another vote for keeping a way to reset the board by a IDE switch.

In my case I do remote development (sitting in my warm room with the arduino some miles away I a cold garage) and I love the reset feature.