How would you end your life?

If you had a choice (eg, you were lucky enough to live a healthy long life) how would you end it if you could?

In your sleep?
An injection?

Or some other maybe whacky way....

How about the injection to kill you then a second later you base jump or skydive or bungy jump? lol...

Shot by a jealous lover.

With my boots on.

Moot point. The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster has blessed me with his Noodley Appendage, I fear not the pains of death, only Pesto.

I only will accept death if it's a really cool memorable one like reentering the atmosphere on the Space Shuttle after a particularly successful mission. Something like that. Or maybe dying from wounds soon after rescuing a dozen helpless wrongly convicted bikini models from a particularly sadistic women's prison. It has to be good, otherwise I am going to have to keep on keeping on.

Telecommando:
I want my obituary to read,

"In lieu of flowers or other memorials, his harem has requested that the resulting crater be named in his honor."

Almost as good as Royal's epitaph... :grin:

We didn't choose to when/where/how to be born. We were just born. The end is possibly the same way as the arduino way of course. I happened to have observed another library that provides a begin() method and doesn't provide an end() method. Isn't that the Arduino way to end? Getting unplugged/restarted like all of a sudden, no way of planning for it? I think that the serial objects used to have no end(), now it does but the music function on a DUE has no end.

Hmmm, undecided, possibly on the horns of dilemma.

I'll ask someone to post a you-tube link of my Arduino controlled robot in the Exhibition/Gallery- section. :smiley:

Imho this is not a question to ask on this forum, even on bar sport.

This question is perfectly fine "in my opinion"

But i do like the sounds of an instant explosion such as re-entry from space or, yeah saving a bus load of 18 year old playboy models/hopefuls who can't accept payment of any kind but ...

How about dying from being a test pilot of say a transporter? or the first person to try "Warp Drive" only you turn to instant dust?

or....

cjdelphi:
yeah saving a bus load of 18 year old playboy models/hopefuls who can't accept payment of any kind but ...

What does it matter, you're dead..

I agree with robtillaart

If the question is serious is has no place here. Jokes are by their nature "off topic", and have a twist. Replying in the spirit of Bar Sports (or what other irrelevant things you say in a bar) it is perfectly acceptable. Black humor or whatever.

I was recently informed of this little nugget of life philosophy on some social media:
"I never will do a bungy jump. I came to this world because of a broken rubber, and I do not want to leave the same way".

I the TV series "Dead Like Me" the heroine is killed by a toiletseat that fell from a spacestation.

So that's at least two ways I'd like to avoid...

By complete surprise, and hopefully not preceded by "of course I know what I'm doing" or "hey guys, watch this!" 8)

Msquare:
I the TV series "Dead Like Me" the heroine is killed by a toiletseat that fell from a spacestation.

SPOILER ALERT! ]:smiley:

Like my last two cars...worn out engine, used-up tires, a few minor dents/scrapes, and a load of memories. :slight_smile:

Not sure who said this....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not kicking and screaming like his passengers...."

have already discussed with son and son-in-law
told them I don't want to be a drooling liability
they are authorised to switch off the machine when I get to that stage

the only rule is if I beat them to the switch it stays on

bastards left half-way through the conversation looking for the switch
apparently I'm a drooling liability already

hmm

JoeN:

Msquare:

No, it is part of the intro. She is then dead, or rather undead, and the story moves on from there.

Msquare:

JoeN:

Msquare:

No, it is part of the intro. She is then dead, or rather undead, and the story moves on from there.

I watch/follow hardly any series TV shows, but I did follow this one to completion. The first couple of years were very good especially if one likes dark humour. Towards the end like many such series the writers seem to run out of fresh material and quality tends to decrease. Anyway a very good series if you can get a chance to check it out.
Lefty