Library installation problem

hey guys, i'm a newbie so dont know much about installing libraries and stuff...i followed the instructions while installing a library but whenever i try to include it, it shows almost the same error

error: WConstants.h: No such file or directory

i downloaded a library, extracted it and pasted it in C:\Users\xyz\Desktop\arduino-1.0.1\libraries
what am i doing wrong? this happens for every new library so i am missing something very important...can anyone please help?? my project is on hold because of this :~

You might want to use one of the legacy Arduino IDEs. If you download Arduino-0021 and put the sketch into it, it should save you a lot of work.

Arduino-1.0 and 1.0.1 absorbed quite a few wiring libraries, so you will need to use the arduino.h library and re-work the legacy sketch to bring it up to "code" :wink:

ok so the procedure to install the library on arduino 0021 will be the same?

If you correctly installed the libraries in your sketchbook directory, any version of the IDE that you install will be able to access them.

can you tell me the exact procedure please?

Are you just trying to install the WConstants.h library?

If so, Arduino-0021 has it in the core already. All you would need to do is put you sketch into the IDE.

dxw00d:
If you correctly installed the libraries in your sketchbook directory, any version of the IDE that you install will be able to access them.

I would agree normally, but I always have no end of headaches when doing that with "Wiring" libraries conflicting with arduino.h.

siddharthverma:
can you tell me the exact procedure please?

Exact procedure is, create or open "Libraries" folder in your Documents\Arduino folder, paste a new folder with the library there uncompressed. Reboot the IDE to see changes (I made a mod of the IDE that has a library manager).

Old libraries don't work with new 1.0 and viceversa.