6x TLC5940 32 rgb leds

Here is a circuit for one of the boards and pic of a pre-hookup of the arduino. Yeah I had a feeling seperate power supplies might be a problem so I was thinking on setting up a 5v to 12v circuit for the arduino such as this > http://www.eeweb.com/blog/circuit_projects/usb-5v-to-12v-dc-dc-step-up-converter-by-lt1618 As I said before each board works individually, the main difference now is I have long leads from a breakout board for each GSCLK, blank, SCLK, GND, V1, V2. and XLat. So if i power on the chips with V1 and everything is ok, then power the arduino and some of the chips instantly fry. So the only difference is GSCLK, blank, SCLK, Xlat are on but that should not cause some of the chips to fry should it? The only other thing is the second ground that is shared being activated which might be solved with the single power supply.

I suppose I also could run everything off a single 12v/9v high current power supply but the excess voltage will be burned up in the FETS, it might not be bad as I have everything heat sinked pretty good.

I'll get another photo or vid tonight of everything hooked up

ledboard.bmp (424 KB)