The Forum is Buggy

My posts # is: leet
Subjects don't open
Most recent post is one behind.

The forum is beyond buggy, it's essentially broken.

Come on guys, posts don't get displayed when viewing thread, you can't quote other posts.

Eesh. :~

Yes, I can confirm the forum is experiencing significant problems.

Initially I thought, oh yeah, it's FireFox, but nooooo.

One thread I'm currently involved in I have noticed a number of issues;
The last post of the thread is not always show.
Sometimes it was there, I've accused a user of deleting his post, only to realise he hadn't and that the forum is buggy. (had to apologise)
Thread count doesn't appear to increase.
I now can't get the thread to refresh and show new posts that I know were there.
Any request is painfully slow, just like old days.
even getting this post here was a trial.

I dare not use the Arduino forum for a while until it shows signs of being fixed.

Paul

I confirm. Also I was unable to open forum.arduino.cc on IE but ok on chrome and firefox.

test. (coz all the posts were hidden but if i post, they will magically appear this is pretty effing annoying)

When I try to quote a post, I get the following error message

The post you are trying to quote either does not exist, was deleted, or is no longer viewable by you.

which is entirely untrue in all respects.

The entire forum is flaky at present, seems to have started after the server swap the other day.

AFAIK you don't actually lose any posts, but you have to refresh to see stuff.

Rob

Graynomad:
The entire forum is flaky at present, seems to have started after the server swap the other day.

AFAIK you don't actually lose any posts, but you have to refresh to see stuff.

Rob

Yeah, hitting F5 seems to work in revealing the posts. A most strange bug.

Buggy? More like unusable. Most topics show empty and refresh/reload does not help.

And when tried to post this the first time I got:

The last posting from your IP was less than 0 seconds ago. Please try again later.

SurferTim:
Buggy? More like unusable. Most topics show empty and refresh/reload does not help.

And when tried to post this the first time I got:

The last posting from your IP was less than 0 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Before you know it you will be banned again ]:smiley:

Before you know it you will be banned again

...and the same cure applied here. I dumped the cache and cookies, and all is normal now. XD

That was yesterday. Site crawled to a stop. Going to my "replies" I got a DB error message (after waiting 2 minutes)

All is fine now, probably an operational hickup. Move along folks :wink:

All is fine now, probably an operational hickup.

It started Sunday, and it wasn't a hiccup. More like a "technicolor yawn". :wink:

Msquare:

Major emergency has been recovered today, situation is still not perfect but mostly tollerable.
A mixture of overloaded databases, failing replications and badly configured caches has exploded with results you observed.

Probably later today some other minor issues may happen due final tuning, please be patient and provide alerts about other issues you may find in your daily usage.

madbob:
Probably later today some other minor issues may happen due final tuning, please be patient and provide alerts about other issues you may find in your daily usage.

I hope they solve these issues once and for all. The forums (and the site) has been experiencing instability on a frequent basis.

Maybe it is high time they look into another forum software. I am starting to think that SMF isn't that reliable.

madbob:

Msquare:

Major emergency has been recovered today, situation is still not perfect but mostly tollerable.
A mixture of overloaded databases, failing replications and badly configured caches has exploded with results you observed.

Thanks for the update - good luck with the final commissioning.

AlxDroidDev:
Maybe it is high time they look into another forum software. I am starting to think that SMF isn't that reliable.

They need to upgrade the forum software (for free). The version they are using is way out of date, it's 1.1.18 and the latest version of SMF is several years advanced - 2.0.4.

But what the hell do I know right? :~

It's running pretty smoothly now.

AlxDroidDev:

madbob:

I hope they solve these issues once and for all. The forums (and the site) has been experiencing instability on a frequent basis.

It has?
Apart from the past few days and the server migration, my inbox has been remarkably short of reports of instability.

I was sure I posted this comment yesterday ... the fact that it isn't here could be due to my dodgy internet connection or the problems with the Forum software. It's absence is the best possible justification for the comment I thought I had posted. As Follows...

It's very disappointing that there was no announcement on the front page saying that the Forum was having problems and the problems were being attended to.

...R