RFID module V55 from dealextreme

Hello,

does anyone have experience with V55 rfid module from dealextreme ( http://www.dx.com/p/125k-rfid-card-reader-module-non-contact-rf-id-card-module-for-arduino-green-236289#.VRMB47tuNhE ).

My module works fine but it stop to respond ( read codes) in about 2 - 3 minutes, after reboot it works again for 2 - 3 minutes. I have 4 modules, they all working same way. I'm not sure if it is bug or feature :slight_smile:

thanks

Matus

Run out of memory?

Possible but how to find out ? There is no documentation to that module, and it is stuck even when module is not reading any cards.

m.

Try this GitHub - sudar/MemoryFree: An Arduino library, that allows you to keep track of the amount of free memory that is available at runtime.
maybe better: Arduino Playground - HomePage

Ahh, no, this is not problem on arduino, arduino responding and working OK, but rfid module is not sending any data TO arduino. So problem is in rfid hardware - this problem is there even when i connect rfid module just to power.

Normally every time rfid module is detecting card it beep - this works for few minutes, then it is dead. So problem is in rfid module, not implementation to arduino or arduino itself.

m.