Help wanted on hardware,software for pay

I have little time. I do not know the limitations of the Arduino. I need to connect two microphones and one force/vibration sensor to an Arduino Uno or appropriate processor. Only one transducer will be used at a time. Microphone threshold around 60 to 80Db. Force sensor I will have to test. Repeatability very important. Battery powered at first. Later ideas may need AC power. I do not have time to design a board,stuff,test etc...

Anyone interested?
Need work?

Thanks much :slight_smile:

Glenn

I see there are many views but no replies? Am I missing something? Is the project possible? Anyone want take a shot at it? Give me your price. The project is as described. When a sound or vibration is detected it needs to close a relay and turn on LED. Low battery light would be great have many other things on wish list. Contact me and lets work out the details. Anyone in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois?
Brand new to this forum and this stuff.

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glenn;

I suspect most members here are using their arduino boards as a hobby for personal enjoyment or for the learning experience, or for building stuff they want to build. Not that many wishing or willing to take on paying gigs I suspect. However if you give it a shot yourself and run into problems, I bet there will be no end of free help offered to try and get it functioning to your satisfaction.

Lefty

Hi Lefty,

Thanks for the response. I am not a student. I tried briefly to make this. What I don't want is to get two weeks into the project and find out that I should have used something else. This is for a real project/product and am interested is getting an experienced engineer to write the code and work with me to put other capabilities into the product. I know this seems like basic level stuff with a couple of mics and a vibration sensor but I assure you this is a real.

How about it Lefty you up for it? Give me a price.

Thanks again
Glenn

How about it Lefty you up for it? Give me a price.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm happily retired with a pretty secure finacial situation (at least for now :wink: ). My life experiance has been that when money is involved the fun runs out the back door. :smiley:

Good luck;
Lefty

My life experiance has been that when money is involved the fun runs out the back door. :smiley:

Unless you are the one paying the money... 8)

PaulS:

My life experiance has been that when money is involved the fun runs out the back door. :smiley:

Unless you are the one paying the money... 8)

Oh, you have never met a unhappy paying customer? :wink:
Based on your posting style on this forum I would have never bet you to be of the 'customer is always right' type. :smiley:

Lefty

You never know this could be fun. I can't imagine it would take all that long. I started anther product in a similar way and that guy and I have been working together for 12 years. Take a chance have a some great meals out with your wife, friends or what ever on me.

Don't mean to badger but retired means experienced and experience is hard to find sometimes.

Thanks for considering

Glenn

Have you chosen a method to measure the sound pressure level (decibels)?? In general the SPL is not as easy as just measuring the output of the amplified output of the mic, many methods require the analysis to be done in the frequency domain and Arduino may be over tasked depending upon the rate that you want the measurements made.

I would be interested in implementing a method for measuring the SPL and the force (load) sensor, if you have researched and determined the best way to measure the SPL for your application. I want you to choose the method for two reasons; 1) I am not an acoustics engineer and 2) your concern about repeatability concerns me as it may be hard to deliver if the method does not match the environment enough. I would also require you to quantify what the repeatability requirements are, by doing this we both have the same threshold for completion and this is important for both parties to be happy at conclusion of the project.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss this offline and I will give you my direct contact information.

It may sound like I am being a PITA I just want you to understand what I need to complete the project satisfactorily,

wade

Based on your posting style on this forum I would have never bet you to be of the 'customer is always right' type.

I am when I'm the customer. 8)

PaulS:

Based on your posting style on this forum I would have never bet you to be of the 'customer is always right' type.

I am when I'm the customer. 8)

Of that I have little doubt. :smiley:

Lefty