Go Down

Topic: MKRZero as USB host device, possible? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

NT_N

Hello,

I would like to use MKRZero as a USB host.

According to the regular Zero documentation, Zero can be a USB host device, but it is not clear if the MKRZero can do the same,  as there is only one USB port.  Can anyone please verify this point?

www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoZero
The Zero has two USB ports available. --
Using the Native port enables you to use the Zero as a client USB peripheral (acting as a mouse or a keyboard connected to the computer) or as a USB host device so that devices can be connected to the Zero (like a mouse, keyboard, or an Android phone).

sandeepmistry

Hi @NT_N

Yes, this is possible with a USB OTG cable, however you'll need to power the MKRZero using Vin.

The following library which is bundled with the SAMD core you have installed: https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-samd/tree/master/libraries/USBHost

NT_N

Hi sandeepmistry
Thanks for your fast response!

I forgot about needing an otg cable, so good call!

Have you used the MKRZero? How do you like it?

ballscrewbob

@NT_N

Sandeep is your GOTO MKR GURU...Along with Martino.
You will come to appreciate his knowledge if you look him up deeper (no stalking tho LOL)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up