Light Sensor Doubt

This could be a dumb question. When I thought about it couldn't figure it out that's why I am asking :~

Arent there new Light sensors which are kept inside the room which detects the intensity of sunlight and adjust room's lighting intensity according to sunlight intensity??
How does this system work? like suppose intensity of sunlight is less and sensor detects less light and say the system increases the intensity of the room lights to compensate it. So once the room lights kick in to full intensity, wouldn't the Light sensor detect this light and try to decrease the intensity of light to reduce power and try to turn it off? Wouldnt this go on like a loop? and the room light would never turn on right?

As I said earlier could be a dumb question :smiley: but its driving me nuts... :drooling_face:

If the selected light level was below the max level requested, then presumably the controller wouldn't need to go to full on.
If full bright was selected, then the controller would go to full on, and the system would be calibrated to be in sync with the full on level such that it wouldn't oscillate as you describe.
Then if sunlight brought it to a higher level, the controller would be able to reduce its full-on drive level, down to the point where it might be full-off if the sunlight was brighter than the lowest on-level.

If full bright was selected, then the controller would go to full on, and the system would be calibrated to be in sync with the full on level such that it wouldn't oscillate as you describe.

How do u do that? :astonished: since full intensity is falling on the sensor(uC sould make Room lights go low) how would it distinguish it as room light and not as sunlight?

Turn it on at night, set it for full on - make sure the sensor still has room for change above that so it can sense when brighter light is available and turn down the room lights until down to the commanded level, or off.

Thanx. cleared my head... :smiley: it was driving me crazy..