Go Down

Topic: my bank's motto, "Why would anyone bank anywhere else?" (Read 984 times) previous topic - next topic

travis_farmer

in the past, when this has happened before, the teller accidentally returned the check money to the source account, instead of the destination account. they have made good on any bounces in the past, so i hope they will do the same this time, if that is what the problem is. they open at 09:00EST, so i will either call, or stop in at that point and see what happened.
exactly what i suspected happened. it is fixed now, though it won't clear until Monday. oh well, i guess. at least they fixed it.

~Travis
Current Obsession: Photography, astronomy, server rack cooler.
Check out my website, i have my own very under-used forum on my hobby server.

Paul_KD7HB

exactly what i suspected happened. it is fixed now, though it won't clear until Monday. oh well, i guess. at least they fixed it.

~Travis
May I suggest a Credit Union? There you would be one of the owners and would have a say in how it is operated.

Paul

wilykat

Just to add, a courthouse near me (city, pop about 10,000) will not take credit or debit card. All payment for tickets have to be in cash or check. And they will not take any coins over $5.00 I guess because they had too many irate people who tried to pay for parking tickets in nothing but pennies.

Paul_KD7HB

Just to add, a courthouse near me (city, pop about 10,000) will not take credit or debit card. All payment for tickets have to be in cash or check. And they will not take any coins over $5.00 I guess because they had too many irate people who tried to pay for parking tickets in nothing but pennies.
And I bet they call the cops if you tried to pay in $2 bills!

Paul

larryd

7th time they have done this!
At no fault on your part?

Past actions will continue in the future.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Qdeathstar

I hate the fact that if you do overdraft, there isn't any notice until you finally check your bank statement and see 5 overdraft fees totalling over 150 dollars for 27.36 worth of stuff.

That happened to me once, never again.

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

wilykat

Ouch.  I have free online banking so I can check anytime and if there's negative balance, I usually have until the close of business day to change that to avoid overdraft fee.

Paid overdraft only once in all the time I've had this bank, a very small chain with 3 branches and 2 villages.

TomGeorge

Ouch.  I have free online banking so I can check anytime and if there's negative balance, I usually have until the close of business day to change that to avoid overdraft fee.

Paid overdraft only once in all the time I've had this bank, a very small chain with 3 branches and 2 villages.
Same here, the banks used to get criticised for adding and subtracting figures as they go, so if a payment went in 5minutes late and you went into negayive, they would fine you instantly, so you went further into debt.
Now they HAVE TO wait and do a tally at the end of the day.
Bpay and direct debit made them do it.
Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

MorganS

Hey, in the USA it's still possible to see old ladies writing checks at the supermarket/grocery checkout. Don't get in that lane if you're in a hurry.

The latest banking innovation is an app that lets you take a photo of a check and the money appears in your account.

Same-day transfers of funds between my account and my friend's account is unheard of, or at least, not without a $45 fee.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Go Up